Metabolic Maintenance, NAC, 600 mg, 60 Capsules

Comment on manufacturing of NAC

Posted by Reviewer2811589 on Mar 09, 2014

Internet sources indicate that most NAC is manufactured in China using cysteine from animal protein, mostly through the hydrolysis of human hair or poultry feathers. I contacted Metabolic Maintenance to inquire about the manufacturing source of their NAC. While they would not identify the exact manufacturer, they did say that it was manufactured in Japan by synthesis (ie. not from human hair or feathers). This may explain why NAC of other brands costs less than that from Metabolic Maintenance. Because of this and because Metabolic Maintenance does not use any fillers in their NAC product, I prefer this brand for NAC.

Use it for PCOS

Posted by Reviewer3130145 on Jun 21, 2013

Help to regulate cycle and hormones

Finally, one I can use!

Posted by 5306663974144777526 on Jun 10, 2014

I bought this based on the first review because I had not found an NAC I could tolerate and this one did not have anything in it that is problematic for me. Yes, it's more expensive than the others, but I am glad I got it, as it's the only one that I seem to tolerate out of all the ones I have tried. A big thank you to the person who wrote the other review and said what the difference was with this product. My doctor wanted me to take 600 mg once a day, and now I'm glad that I can!