July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Metagenics, UltraClear SUSTAIN, 29.4 oz (840 g) (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 4-star

Makes me feel better

Posted by Reviewer2022301 on Mar 05, 2010

My nutritionist recommended this and has helped me feel better. And a lot cheaper than buying it from her.

great asset to IBS program

Posted by Reviewer1152465 on Apr 15, 2011

I used this under my doctor's recommendation following author Dr. Dahlman's (chiropractor) regimen for IBS. I was suspicious at first, but I had been strictly following the monosaccharide (specific carbohydrate) diet for 11 months with minimal success and needed something more. Using this shake as part of an overall program including probiotics and going dairy free, (having been on SCD, I was already grain and "sugar" free, but added rice back for this program) the IBS cleared up very quickly. Several weeks proved a dramatic difference, able to eat foods that would have left me sick for days or weeks. After three months I was nearly normal, eating pizza without any symptoms again. Eating improperly for several months though, some stomach issues returned. Getting back on the diet and this product for a few weeks though was all I needed. I highly recommend Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon to know how to eat so this doesn't happen again to you once you are better. I'm always well when I stick to her recommendations. I also used Garden of Life's raw protein with their vitamins and probiotic the last few months of the regimen with success, which is half the cost but also has half the taste. UltraClear has a pleasant taste, not like your normal store whey protein powders, but it is definitely the best rice protein shake I have ever had. And I think I tried them all! It's very handy since you can drink it twice a day to fill you up when it can be so hard to find easy foods that don't upset the stomach. I HIGHLY recommend taking probiotics with this since it has FOS it in to feed microbacteria. If you don't have healthy bacteria ready to eat it up, some doctors say you are just feeding the bad bacteria and making the situation worse.