Monoi Tiare Tahiti, Tiare , 4 fl oz (120 ml)

Reviews 5-star

Monoi Tiare Tahiti Scented Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer2526644 on May 13, 2008

I got hooked on this while visiting Tahiti. It leaves my skin so soft and the scent is subtle, but wonderful. I use it year round. Your price is fantastic! Shipping was much quicker than anticipated.

nicely scented moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer2552628 on Oct 26, 2008

Moisturizes well, smells very nice, very floral. I find that the scent becomes less intense and more pleasant after it's on your skin for a little while, so don't be frightened when you first open the bottle!

Oh my!

Posted by Reviewer1736272 on Feb 24, 2009

This is the most luxurious stuff. Scent is unbelievably wonderful. I warm the bottle in hot water so the oil flows (as opposed to being solid). I will buy more. I feel like it's my birthday every day I use it. Do not hesitate to try it. Yum.

Love This

Posted by Reviewer2853324 on Dec 08, 2009

This stuff if just wonderful. The scent is amazing but not too heavy. There's a flower at the bottom of the bottle so don't panic when you see something brown floating inside. You don't need too much so be careful when pouring. Makes your skin feel soft and makes me feel very relaxed.

A Must-Have Polynesian Classic

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 11, 2012

I've been using Mono'i my entire life. It's great as a general, all over moisturizer, as a shower oil, on sunburned skin, and I've known women who use it as a hot-oil hair conditioner (they say that it's the best). When using it on the face, I find that it can be comedogenic when used daily, so I suggest alternating it with a lighter moisturizer. Mono'i is a traditional Polynesian product, which is made by macerating the flowers of the Tiare (Gardenia taitensis) — a small, white, star-like flower and a native Polynesian member of the Gardenia family — in coconut oil that has been obtained by grating, drying, fermenting and pressing the meat of germinated coconuts. Listed among the ingredients is "parfum", which is slightly concerning to me, since I prefer all-natural products and I'd like to know exactly what kind of "parfum" is used. However, I have such a sentimental attachment to this product and it works so well I almost don't want the manufacturer to start tampering with what is deservedly called a classic.