artificial smelling

Posted by Reviewer2435277 on Aug 22, 2012

This is fragranced with tiare parfum which gives it an artificial smell (to me). Having smelled the real thing from Hawaii, this is just awful to me.

Monoi Tiare Tahiti

Posted by Reviewer1488595 on Jan 01, 2008

This product makes my skin feel soft and fabulous. I do wish you carried the Vanilla version please. Thank you.

Monoi Tiare

Posted by Reviewer3121136 on Oct 16, 2008

The perfect moisturizer. Amazing scent and leaves skin and hair ultra-soft.

Tropical gardenias

Posted by Reviewer2359376 on Sep 13, 2009

Mmmmm, the faint smell of gardenias blooming under a tropical moon. I feel like I am on a romantic voyage when I use this. Definitely recommended and I will continue to buy it. I actually looked for this when I visited Tahiti, but didn't find it during my short cruise stop. I am so happy you carry this brand.

Not sure about the scent...

Posted by MentaPiperita on May 05, 2014

At first, it smells divine, it has such a lovely floral scent! However, after you apply it to your skin, the scent starts to change... Maybe it's just my skin, but the scent develops into something... artificial, too fake and a bit weird (and quite intense, I can smell it even over my clothing). I do like the moisturising effect (it makes my skin very soft) but the weird scent is off putting. The oil becomes solid if it's cold, but I prefer it that way, it's less messy (and it's not hard enough that you can't get it out of the bottle). The bottle may seem small at first, but you only need a tiny amount of product so it last a long time. I can really recommend it because of the smell, but if you like the scent it it's a great oil for the skin.

Very Disappointed.

Posted by 5142362945023843669 on May 01, 2014

Very disappointed. In my opinion, the smell was terrible. I ordered thr "Pitate" as well, and they smell exactly alike. I retuned my order.

bleurgh

Posted by Reviewer2678827 on Nov 08, 2011

I'm kind of surprised about the reviews. I got it and it smelled so overpowering that I couldn't use it. When I tried a bit on my skin, I had to wash it off. The smell is kind of artificial (looking at the ingredient list, parfum is also added). I've gotten monoi from other vendors and while much pricier, the scent is softer and non-cloying. I had to throw it away

Wonderful treat

Posted by Reviewer2642737 on Nov 28, 2012

Not only it works wonders for my hair and my skin, but it also leaves them amazingly scented. I have fine hair, but this oil does not add weight to it, enhancing only its softness and shine.

Hair & skin / Pelo y cuerpo

Posted by MissFrivolity on Jan 09, 2013

This is the greatest product I have ever tried at iHerb: works great on my dry skin to keep it moistured and shinny and softens my dry hair with out grease. I will try other smells (although this one smells amazing), but I will keep on buying it! Es muy versátil: me hidrata la piel y le da un brillo estupendo (perfecto para verano!), el pelo me queda sin encrespamiento, pero no me lo engrasa (lo tengo seco) y huele genial. Probaré otros olores porque quiero ver si todos huelen tan bien, pero pienso repetir!

Wonderful stuff!

Posted by Didokitty on Apr 20, 2013

Lovery tiare aroma. Makes my skin feel soft and moisturized. Natural coconut oil turns solid under 20 C, so sometimes I will have to heat it with a blow drier to make it liquid, but it takes only few seconds. Wonderful natural product.