10% Off Orders Over $40!

Monoi Tiare Tahiti, Tiare , 4 fl oz (120 ml)

A Must-Have Polynesian Classic

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 11, 2012

I've been using Mono'i my entire life. It's great as a general, all over moisturizer, as a shower oil, on sunburned skin, and I've known women who use it as a hot-oil hair conditioner (they say that it's the best). When using it on the face, I find that it can be comedogenic when used daily, so I suggest alternating it with a lighter moisturizer. Mono'i is a traditional Polynesian product, which is made by macerating the flowers of the Tiare (Gardenia taitensis) — a small, white, star-like flower and a native Polynesian member of the Gardenia family — in coconut oil that has been obtained by grating, drying, fermenting and pressing the meat of germinated coconuts. Listed among the ingredients is "parfum", which is slightly concerning to me, since I prefer all-natural products and I'd like to know exactly what kind of "parfum" is used. However, I have such a sentimental attachment to this product and it works so well I almost don't want the manufacturer to start tampering with what is deservedly called a classic.

Smells wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3099106 on Feb 23, 2008

I love this stuff! I have other coconut oil that doesn't get solid at room temp. so I know that those oils aren't as pure as this since you have to heat it up to make it liquefy. The smell is wonderful and exotic and it sinks in your skin very nice. It has helped keep my wintery dry skin smoother.

Monoi Oil

Posted by Reviewer2734086 on Feb 26, 2008

This is a product that I have used for most of my life being from the island of Kauai. I now live in Washington state and do not have access to it here. I can only hope that I find it on websites or my son is kind enough to send me some from Kauai! It is a wonderful product that never disappoints me. Thanks again. Janet M Lopez

Tahitian Monoi Oils

Posted by Reviewer2046511 on Oct 11, 2006

Monoi Tiare Tahiti - has and is the best Oil ever made. I am from Hawaii and have been using the TAhitian Monoi oils since 1970's, always been Part of my life actually.

Brigitte

Posted by Reviewer1296058 on Jan 01, 2008

This oil smells great, the mix of coconut and magnolia extract is a perfect blend. It is light but exotic and sexy.