The added junk ruins it - won't buy again

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 25, 2013

Dislike the silica, doubt its necessary and would be interested to know how much is added - wondering if the small, sugar-like granules you can see in this stuff are it. Imagine those in joints - ouch. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Although it tasted good - - -

Posted by Reviewer2086240 on Jan 22, 2008

this product actually made me VERY, VERY gassy and also caused me to have diarrhea. I'm on a fast from meats, etc and I was hoping that this would give me the protein I need (outside from having to eat soy). But unfortunately it just did not work out for me. I intend to return it as I really could not take it.

Correction for individuals worried about silica

Posted by 5250143862562824224 on Dec 22, 2016

I've given a low rating to grab your attention. This product deserves 10 stars. Ignorance is bliss but not in this case. This mineral whey will naturally form granules and then turn into larger chunks if silica is not added. The granules you see are the good bits that don't have silica. It is the fine powder which flows freely that you need to worry about. Also, please do some research on rice millers syndrome. I have tried both the professional version and this version and would highly recommend this one to anyone with poor digestion or sensitive internals including allergies. Silica is good for health in moderate quantities as it holds everything together just as it holds concrete in a building. It is available for purchase separately in colloidal form too for people having joint problems. Rice hulls on the other hand are also high in silica but are known to cause health problems. Personally, I would prefer for the product to be silica-free or with minimal silica but then most people hate granules so it's not good for business. Declaring the amount would help but no one does that so why expect that from Mt.Capra? I can't even tolerate fresh goat milk but this is the best drink I've had in the last decade.