Mt. Capra, CapraMilk, Non-Fat Goat Milk Powder, 1 lb (453 g)

Meyenberg vs Mt Capra

Posted by Reviewer1637065 on Aug 07, 2013

Bought both Meyenberg whole powdered goat milk as well as Mt Capra so I think others will be curious to know the difference between these two as I was :) Mt Capra: Bland and thin, rather tasteless. I use my own infant milk formula scoop for both brands so the quantity is consistent. I have to mix in more milk powder for this brand. Its texture is very fine and powdery, like baby milk powder. Mixes very easily in a baby bottle. I do not like the container, its too tall! You need a long spoon to get to the bottom without getting milk powder all over your hands. The powder also sticks to the sides of the container. My older child does not like this milk. I have to combine this with fresh milk for her to accept it. Meyenberg: Creamy and rich with good aroma. Taste is very close to fresh goat milk but still has a slight powdered milk taste. The powder is thicker and darker yellow. It is very hard to mix and I have to shake it very well to get it to completely dissolve. I prefer the taste of Meyenberg but Mt Capra mixes better. Even though Capra works out to be slightly cheaper, I will stick to Meyenberg in the future.

Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2204608 on Oct 11, 2009

Tastes excellent, mixes well but you must use warm water, and an all around great product from Mt. Capra. I will definitely be using this as my main milk product at home.

Mt. Capra Goat's Milk

Posted by Reviewer2288284 on Feb 16, 2009

Excellent product. Love it! The goaty flavor is only slight, and it makes up rich and creamy.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3071613 on Jan 08, 2008

We have tried many other goat milk products but I have not like any of them until we found this. Me and my son and daughter all get congested when we drink regular cows milk so instead we drink this. We used it as a substitute to baby formula when our kids got old enough. We now put it in our cereal. Tastes great and iHerb has the best price anywhere!

CapraMilk, Instant Powdered, 16 oz.

Posted by Reviewer1910203 on Oct 03, 2009

The powdered goat's milk has a slight goat taste, however, we don't mind and enjoy drinking it, especially when it's chilled. It's also very economical for our budget as I can make six quarts from the l6 oz. quantity. Thank you.