• Customer Ratings

Meyenberg vs Mt Capra

Posted by Reviewer1637065 on Aug 07, 2013

Bought both Meyenberg whole powdered goat milk as well as Mt Capra so I think others will be curious to know the difference between these two as I was :) Mt Capra: Bland and thin, rather tasteless. I use my own infant milk formula scoop for both brands so the quantity is consistent. I have to mix in more milk powder for this brand. Its texture is very fine and powdery, like baby milk powder. Mixes very easily in a baby bottle. I do not like the container, its too tall! You need a long spoon to get to the bottom without getting milk powder all over your hands. The powder also sticks to the sides of the container. My older child does not like this milk. I have to combine this with fresh milk for her to accept it. Meyenberg: Creamy and rich with good aroma. Taste is very close to fresh goat milk but still has a slight powdered milk taste. The powder is thicker and darker yellow. It is very hard to mix and I have to shake it very well to get it to completely dissolve. I prefer the taste of Meyenberg but Mt Capra mixes better. Even though Capra works out to be slightly cheaper, I will stick to Meyenberg in the future.

Here's my verdict.

Posted by jayzou on Apr 07, 2012

I've tried this goat milk and Meyenberg Goat Milk, and both have their pro's and con's. Mt. Capra goat milk has been my first taste of any goat milk, but when I tried Meyenberg' Goat Milk it actually tasted pretty good. Mt. Capra has more of a bland taste, almost non-existent. While the taste barely registers, and the creaminess is there. Meyenberg Goat Milk has the creaminess AND the taste, but the quality might not be as high as Mt. Capra's. In the end, I do what another reviewer states: MIX BOTH Mt. Capra and Meyenberg goat milk together, (especially if you are making kefir) and enjoy!!

Good taste

Posted by MikaelP on Apr 04, 2012

Very filling creamy taste. Hard to mix with water. With blender the resulting drink is excellent. I use it with spirulina and yoghurt type drinks for creamy taste.

Powdered Goats milk

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Mar 17, 2012

Great taste in a cappuccino or cocoa. Mix with a little cold water then add flavours to taste. Pore on boiling water. Continue mixing to disperse milk.

NO GOATY TASTE

Posted by Reviewer2176725 on Feb 10, 2012

Having been unable to drink cow's milk which was making me fatigued, I turned to soy milk for a decade. Then recently I discovered that soy was not a healthy choice, so I am now Goat-centred. My mum even loves this stuff. She has it in her coffee and thinks it's never tasted so good. It's best if you mix this with really warm water and in a shaker bottle with one of those wire balls. It has no noticeably different taste to cow's milk and froths up like a cappachino in my mum's coffee when she gives the shaker bottle a good rattle.

Intstant Powdered Goats Milk

Posted by Reviewer1849928 on Jan 29, 2012

my husband cannot have dairy but he can have goats milk. very good product. Closest I have found to dairy milk.

love the powdered goats milk!

Posted by Reviewer2524397 on Jan 11, 2012

this is by far the best powdered goats milk. It's smooth and creamy, almost buttery. We use it in smoothies and it adds a nice flavor and additional protein to the protein powder we use. It's great for those that cannot have soy or cows milk.

New product for me

Posted by Jarousek on Dec 28, 2011

I tried this as a replacement for my raw milk, that was suspended due to eColiby CDFA; (which was a power trip by CDFA) just to ruin a private company financially; public out cry and protests restored their product back on shelves. This powder milk does not have the greatest taste, but nutritionally excellent.I prefer to stick with my organic raw milk.

Another Successful Order Received in India

Posted by Reviewer1698554 on Dec 26, 2011

My order of Powdered Goat Milk reached me here in India just fine. I am very grateful for your services to those of us who do not have access to these products here in India.

Mt. Capra, CapraMilk, Instant Powdered Goat Milk, 16 oz (453 g)

Posted by Reviewer1965330 on Dec 09, 2011

Excellent product, I am ordering more.