Review from a Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) sufferer

Posted by TheLadyOfShalott on Feb 01, 2012

I have been bedridden with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) for 11 years. M.E. sufferers are particularly sensitive to drugs, supplements etc so finding a product that one can take with ease, and actually with pleasure in this case, is a real gem. I love this product. Goat's milk is much easier to digest than cow's milk due to the smaller particle size, and this is really easy on digestion given that some of the goat milk in the protein powder has been fermented. It also contains probiotics, which my immune system tends to react to quite violently, so I usually avoid them and use prebiotics instead (barley grass juice powder, for example). I nearly avoided this product due to it containing probiotics but I'm so glad I didn't because this formula is very gentle and I didn't have any immunopathology (Herxheimer) problems from the probiotics - in fact I'll be looking into Mt. Capra's probiotic formula because of this. It's still a good idea to 'start low, go slow' if you are similarly poorly, which probably goes without saying if you've been ill for a long time. If you don't like the taste, it mixes well with Mt Capra's other fine product - 'Capra Mineral Whey' - so that you can't taste it at all; or blended with other ingredients in a smoothie. Most poorly people have already discovered that goat milk is so much better than cow's milk, so many are already used to the taste of goat milk, but if you're not then taken on it's own the powder is quite 'sourish' and a little gritty, BUT it's not designed as a protein powder that say body builders or sports people use, for that there's Mt Capra's other protein powder called 'Double Bonded Protein, 007 Shaken not Stirred.' Instead, it's aim is for people serious about helping their body heal or overcome illness as much as is possible and providing outstanding high quality protein that is easily assimilated by a weakened organism. This, of course, does not mean it can't be used by sports people/body builders but the taste of the 'Double Bonded 007 Protein' might be more similar to other protein powders and therefore more preferable in that instance. Personally, I like them both! Thank you, Mt. Capra, for supplying us with high quality goat milk products, and to iHerb for stocking them - please continue to do so! :)

Excellent source of goat milk protien

Posted by NBPT100 on Jan 12, 2013

Goat milk protien is a better overall choice that most cow based protien powders(IMHO). Many cow based protien powders are from cows given growth hormones, copeous amounts of antibiotics, and fed grains (not their natural food source). I desire anything I consume from an animal to be from a healthy and happy animal. The goat products from Mt. Capra are from well treated animals. The product gives a good balance of amino acids and is more easily digestible than similar products from a cow. As compared to most protien powders it mixes well and the vanilla taste is good. I hope you found this helpful. Peace and good health.

Love this stuff

Posted by Reviewer1594522 on Nov 14, 2008

Switch to goat protien! Im serious. Its so much more efficient than whey from cows. You can feel it revitalize your body and build muscle faster. Dont worry about the price, you'll get more out of a pound of goats milk than you would out of two pounds of regular whey.

Quality Goat's Milk Protein at an affordable price

Posted by Reviewer2951026 on Oct 02, 2009

Mt. Capra's goat's milk protein is exactly what it says it is: No frills, good quality goat protein. It is unsweetened but tastes rich. I recommend it to any who cannot eat bovine protein. It mixes easily.

yum

Posted by Reviewer3166039 on Nov 02, 2008

I love the taste, which is mildly goat milky. If you hate goat milk you might not like this. It makes smoothies fluffier and richer and is nice mashed with ripe bananas.

Easy to digest

Posted by Reviewer1103521 on Dec 21, 2009

I am pleased to find this product. I love goat milk, but not the price tag that comes along with it. This product has a very mild taste and mixes well in a shaker cup. I get amino acids, protein and calcium in this product. Great!

Mt. Capra, Caprotein, Premium Goat-Milk Protein

Posted by Reviewer3156375 on Nov 18, 2008

Highly digestable, good flavor, mixes well with liquids. I am making this a regular purchase.

Very Good

Posted by Reviewer2295564 on Apr 21, 2009

This is a very good product. I have used many protein supplements and I like this one more than all the others. It can have a very slight aftertaste depending on what you mix it with. I mix mine with oat milk or apple juice and cannot taste any goat flavor at all. I give it to my son who is 13 and he has never complained about it (believe me if he could taste it he would complain). The only time I could taste it was when I mixed it with water. It causes me no gastric upset and it gives me the protein boost I need.

good goat protein

Posted by wendybrown on Oct 15, 2008

good flavor for those who like the taste of goat. This is my 1st time, so I am still getting used to it by mixing 1/2 scoop in with almond milk. Good source of protein. Goat milk & fermentation are easier on the body to digest.

Mt Capra Goat Protein is a must!

Posted by Reviewer1232694 on Oct 07, 2009

Not being able to find raw goat's milk with integrity anywhere nearby, I opted to find a powdered version. This product tastes wonderful and mixes well. You can add your own sweetener (I use stevia) too. Non gritty.