10% Off Orders Over $40!

4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Keeping with it

Posted by Reviewer1992030 on Jan 22, 2012

Background: I currently have mild depression in my opinion; though I was diagnosed with clinical depression (with anxiety) a couple years ago. After time on sertraline and xanax I recovered for the most part. I felt like I was slipping back into moments and feelings of that depressed state 4 months after I got off all the pharmaceuticals. Now, I turned to 5-HTP for some support.... Product review: As far as I can tell, I am less prone to feeling those moments of depression. In the morning, I wake up more easily and effortlessly (not like before!) Also, I think it's making me want to sleep a normal amount, and, I generally do not have depressed feelings like I used to. The first few days I knew it was doing something because I wanted to hop right out of bed after 7 hours of sleep (usually I get 10...). As I stay with the product, I believe it's enhancing my emotional state in a positive way overall. I am much less afraid that I will become depressed again. If you give it a try, I recommend you stay with it for at least a few weeks. The negative side is that, the first few days I took it I did have a couple moments of a strange feeling of anxiety, but it passed, as I knew it was probably from this pill. That doesn't happen anymore. :)

Amazing stuff

Posted by Reviewer2516150 on Oct 21, 2007

I switched "back" to this brand of 5-HPT after buying a less expensive one and within a week saw a huge difference in my anxiety level. I use this rather than a presciption antidepressant and it works just as well with no side effects. Highly recommended!

Noticable results

Posted by Reviewer2783701 on Mar 20, 2008

I purchased this after reading the book "The Mood Cure" with the intention of using it to facilitate going off my medication (Effexor and Klonopin) for anxiety and depression. I've started taking one pill in the afternoons, and have seen a very noticeable difference in my mood... I just feel generally happier than I have in years. I've decided to stay on the Rx meds for now, but the 5-HTP has definitely given them a "boost". I guess I will see how it goes going off the meds down the road, as my Dr. wasn't sure I could replace them entirely with this. If you are on antidepressents/anxiety medication, I would reccommend trying this in addition to those, as it's made a clear difference in my moods. I'm now up to 2 tablets (100mg) a day. I'm giving it four stars because I haven't been taking it that long. Good luck! ps- have not noticed *any* weight loss whatsoever, but oh well.

I Love this!

Posted by Reviewer3335069 on Sep 20, 2008

I take 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg at noon. I am no longer sleeping all of the time and my husband says I'm nicer(gives me energy instead of making me tired). I feel great!

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1802245 on Oct 16, 2007

This product has a positive effect on my mood and overall well-being.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »