Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

prepare for hell

Posted by Reviewer3106711 on Apr 23, 2009

This stuff particularly if you are sensitive, can mess with your balance and make you irritable depressed and confused like it did me. However I've heard mixed things from other people so I wouldn't write it off completely, it can be very beneficial to people especially those with low serotonin, before taking anti-depressants for depression get your serotonin blood test done if its low try this first. If you have trouble sleeping this stuff will help, best to start with a lower dose for first timers thou. All the best!!

Extremely difficult to regulate

Posted by Reviewer1602926 on Apr 23, 2010

I say this in reference to 5-htp in general really. I tried this time release version (great idea) as well as a 50 mg instant release version for a period of 14 days or so. Trying the different dosages on different days and different times. 5-htp relaxes me like no other but if I take it at night, I can't sleep. If I take it in the morning, I can't think my way out of a cardboard box. Love the idea of 5-htp and the relaxation but I couldn't effectively place it in my regiment. It is important to recognize that Rx can often be a more productive therapy as you more or less get the effects you expect and at least it is consistant. Playing around with herbs and amino acids has been more than frustrating for me. I find that what works on one day may have the opposite effect the next.

Natrol 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1445976 on Nov 10, 2008

Like this.... Helps with your mood. Good product. You won't feel crazy anymore.

too strong (50mgs better)

Posted by Reviewer1282476 on Jul 16, 2010

I bought this and the regular 50mg capsules. I feel like all I need is the 50 mg daily. First day, I took 150 mg over the recommended time period, including the 100mg time-release and felt a little high, but not in a fun way. I am still playing with the dosage and timing, but I definitely feel like less is more with 5-HTP.

Decent

Posted by Reviewer3245642 on Dec 23, 2012

I have trouble digesting 5-HTP supplements, so the prolonged release is actually worse for me. Better to just get it all in one hour rather than 10.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »