• Due to Japanese Custom’s regulations, a maximum of two bottles per order can be imported.

• Reviews | English

Positive thinking

Posted by Reviewer1436346 on Jul 05, 2009

Causes my 50 year old wife to have a much more positive outlook on life.

LOVE 5HTP

Posted by Reviewer1607738 on Jul 18, 2010

Hi, I'll gladly give this product a rave review. I've struggled w/depression for a long time, this really helps. Great that it's time released and 200mg. Jess

Good product but it makes me yamn

Posted by 5106981991481069383 on Oct 27, 2014

This product improves my mood and reduces anxiety. The only drawback is that it makes me sleepy during the day.

Good price and service.

Posted by Reviewer1994448 on Nov 25, 2009

I find the time-release 5-HTP helps me to maintain a more even energy level throughout the day. Definitely recommended.

5-HTP TR

Posted by Reviewer1627562 on May 04, 2010

I've called these my happy pills. I sleep better and generally feel so much better since I've started taking them.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer3259190 on Mar 24, 2009

I was on zoloft for many years and wanted to get off of it and try a natural product. This is what was recomended to me. I love it. It keeps me calm and helps me sleep better at night. I have been diagnosed with firbromyalgia and this helps with that alos. Now I am taking no prescription medications!

Quick Delivery... Slower Results

Posted by Reviewer2249432 on Feb 28, 2009

Ordered and shipment came in 2 days. Natrol overall has been positive, but patience is required. My energy levels have increased and remained so.

Not so fast...

Posted by Reviewer2523086 on Jun 23, 2011

I was about 1 week off of the lexapro, and I started taking the time release...I broke out in a rash with continuous itching. I waited until I was off for a month and tried the time release again, and I broke out in a rash again, I coudn't even sleep due to the effects of these tablets I took. I am not taking the chance and will completely discontinue use.

Totally helped with depression

Posted by Reviewer2043897 on Feb 13, 2009

I tried many antidepressants in my teen years, even high dose and none of them worked. So when I heard that tryptophan (5htp) increases seratonin production I got excited. The standard pills (which were only 50 mg at the time, now they have 100s in the store) helped but just for a bit and made me sleepy. Taking these before bed really does help. I've had to take 3 at a time for some time, now I'm down to needing only 2. One warning though, if you are taking too much it will screw with your sleep, or at least it did mine.

Love this stuff

Posted by Reviewer2114972 on Jun 16, 2009

I've done a fairly good amount of research on 5-HTP, and I love this supplement. The fact that iHerb sells it so much cheaper than anyone else is just amazing. I used to take anti-depressants, but hated the side effects and the overall numbness they caused. 5-HTP is a life saver