It got me off of 2 prescriptions!

Posted by Reviewer1716357 on Mar 26, 2009

For 7 years, I was on 300mg of Welbutrin and 30mg of Lexapro A DAY to treat my depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed with a heart defect last year and my cardiologist took me off of the antidepressants because they were negatively effecting my heart condition. So I did some research to find a more natural alternative, and found out about 5-HTP. I've been extremely happy with the results! I've been "drug free" for almost a year and I feel amazing :-) Also, iHerb has the BEST price on the internet! Trust me, I've searched! And the quality is better/fresher than the Natrol that I've purchased from Walgreen's (which seemed to deteriorate in the bottle).

Works well

Posted by Reviewer3259190 on Mar 24, 2009

I was on zoloft for many years and wanted to get off of it and try a natural product. This is what was recomended to me. I love it. It keeps me calm and helps me sleep better at night. I have been diagnosed with firbromyalgia and this helps with that alos. Now I am taking no prescription medications!

Quick Delivery... Slower Results

Posted by Reviewer2249432 on Feb 28, 2009

Ordered and shipment came in 2 days. Natrol overall has been positive, but patience is required. My energy levels have increased and remained so.

Totally helped with depression

Posted by Reviewer2043897 on Feb 13, 2009

I tried many antidepressants in my teen years, even high dose and none of them worked. So when I heard that tryptophan (5htp) increases seratonin production I got excited. The standard pills (which were only 50 mg at the time, now they have 100s in the store) helped but just for a bit and made me sleepy. Taking these before bed really does help. I've had to take 3 at a time for some time, now I'm down to needing only 2. One warning though, if you are taking too much it will screw with your sleep, or at least it did mine.

Natrol 5 htp tr

Posted by Reviewer1642997 on Feb 12, 2009

This is helpful in staying asleep -- love the time release.

BIG Difference!

Posted by Reviewer1120541 on Jan 09, 2009

My 16 year old daughter has suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for the last three years, especially in school while around her peers, because of her Asperger's Syndrome. Since starting 5-HTP almost a year ago, along with a few other supplements, the anxiety lessened considerably. She'd been on anti-anxiety meds, anti-depressants, etc. in the past, always with great side effects, if they even helped at all. She's been on different brands of 5-HTP, and they've all helped to a great degree, but since starting on the Natrol Time Release, she says she notices even less anxiety throughout her school day. 5-HTP has also helped ME a great deal with my recurring migraines. I'm so relieved and happy with this product!

Good Deal

Posted by Reviewer2806927 on Dec 26, 2008

I started using 5-htp after severe side effects from prescribed medicine for preventing migraines and insomnia. It has helped so far with no side effects. iHerb is also very reasonable priced compare to local drugstores and ship quite quickly. I'm very happy with product and service.

Basia Grinberg

Posted by Reviewer1036147 on Dec 23, 2008

It is a very good and important product for treat moode disease

No Problems - good price

Posted by Reviewer1604653 on Dec 20, 2008

Clean and well-packaged and apparently much fresher than the identical product I bought at Walgreens. (The tablets from Walgreens invariably degrade rapidly after the bottle is opened and the outer part begins to slough off. Product from iHerb doesn't deteriorate this way.)

Great

Posted by Reviewer1722464 on Nov 26, 2008

I really like this 5-HTP over the regular caps. 5-HTP is most effective when absorbed at low doses over a long period of time and so far this works as such for me.