Awful, kids and I both agree

Posted by LantauMama on Jul 30, 2010

My kids are 4.5 years old and 3.5 years old. My kids generally love to brush their teeth and my only concern is they like the toothpaste too much! They started off on the Wedela tooth gel for kids, then moved to Tom's of Maine without fluoride, then with fluoride, then we tried Kiss My Face which they liked, but not as much as Tom's. Anyway, we decided to try this one since the ingredients looked good. OMG, it smells and tastes awful... at first, I thought it was just me (I always try the kds stuff before they use it) Then my kids refused to use it. My 4.5 year old spit it out immediately, and my 3.5 year old tried it then made a face and the next night refused. This is the first time they have ever not liked a toothpaste or refused to have their teeth brushed. We tried for a few days, with no success, I tried it again too, and still thinks it tastes like it went off. Either the tube I got had 'gone off' or this just is not for our family. Anyway, luckily the local store had some Tom's of Maine, so I stocked up. See if you can try this from a friend before buying, I am sorry I wasted my money. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have never written a bad review before, and really thought I should share our experience here.

Good exept for false ingredient list iHerb?

Posted by 5213193518131756244 on May 02, 2015

The ingredient list (written by i Herb or not?) does not show the last ingredient: titanium dioxide. This is listed on the toothpaste tube. Does not rhyme with statement: "No artificial colors" which is an issue for TheNaturalDentist.com of course. But is the ingredient list made faulty by iHerb or the manufacturer? Also they should not make it that candy tasting. Why addict kids ro such taste. And why indeed use flour when scientists say it does not orevent caries....well the jury is out on that one and meanwhile this low flour item could have been useful. Titanium is not harmless in the body; there are studies showing questionable effects. Dental and hip titanium is also not tolerated by some.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1059797 on Jul 29, 2008

My 7 year old likes this. He is very picky with toothpaste but this one wins the prize.

He loves it!

Posted by Reviewer1807321 on Nov 20, 2008

I bought this for my 5 year old. He likes the taste and the sparkles. I like it because it is better for him.

My Son Loves This

Posted by Reviewer2093432 on Jan 30, 2009

Tastes great and I like that it isn't full of chemicals.

good product

Posted by Reviewer2639115 on May 27, 2009

my kids love brushing with this

nice

Posted by Reviewer1987667 on Nov 30, 2009

My daughter loves this toothpaste, and I love that it's natural.

Not the best

Posted by Reviewer2687423 on Sep 21, 2012

My daughter is 7. I've bought this toothpaste because of its organic composition. My girls' teeth became yellow and she got caries. We had to visit a dantist to make professional teeth cleaning.

Super berry taste for kids!

Posted by Reviewer2034783 on Sep 08, 2013

This is the only toothpaste my daughter could use until she was 8 years old. She has tried MANY but they were always too strong or strange. Here teeth are white and healthy!

good replacement for discontinued organge flavor

Posted by 4995040947796263322 on Oct 21, 2014

This was a good replacement for the Natural Dentist orange flavoured toothpaste which was discontinued by the manufacturer.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »