Contains citric acid!

Posted by Reviewer2156188 on Oct 15, 2010

This mouth rinse contains citric acid which is known to erode tooth enamel. Adding this ingredient simply does not make sense. I sent a query to the makers via their website but didn't even get a reply.

please note this is an acidic rinse

Posted by Reviewer1694000 on Feb 07, 2014

bought this for my husband and he complained that it tasted sour/acidic. I tested the pH with some pH paper and it looked to be about 3.5 or so. I wrote to the Natural Dentist company asking what's up and received this response. "The product is an acidulated fluoride rinse. The acid in this case etches the enamel so that fluoride can be taken into the teeth more readily. Acidulated fluoride rinses have better fluoride uptake as compared to fluoride rinses closer to neutral pHs. If you are concerned about acid-erosion from dietary sources, using any of our fluoride-containing rinses will help prevent any effects of acid-erosion on the teeth." They said it shouldn't taste sour and offered to replace the bottle. I did more research and found that while it is true that the teeth take up more fluoride with the acidulated rinses as compared to the pH neutral ones, the acidulated fluoride rinses aren't good if you have composite resin or porcelain bondings. So I'm going to have to buy a pH neutral fluoride rinse from another company even if it contains artificial coloring that I don't want.

Excellent Product.

Posted by Reviewer2698379 on Oct 12, 2009

I have been using this rinse for several months now. But it wasn’t until I ran out for about a week that I realized that it really works. I immediately purchased this rinse again and will continue to use it. My teeth don’t hurt anymore. Thank you Natural Dentist.

Alcohol-Free Flouride Rinse

Posted by Reviewer3187468 on Mar 05, 2010

I just don't understand why mouthwashes are made any other way than this. Regular rinses with highly alcoholic mouthwash are just not good for you. This Natural Dentist rinse contains no alcohol, and does contain the same kind of cavity-preventing and supposedly tooth-rebuilding fluoride that's in the popular brands. Wake up, America.

mouthwash with fluoride

Posted by Reviewer2951962 on Aug 19, 2010

Honestly, I was really surprised by very salty/weird taste for the first time (I had been using Now Foods XyliWhite mouthwash which has sweet/mild taste). However I'm OK with the taste now. I like anticavity concept very much.

Simply The Best

Posted by Reviewer2782741 on May 20, 2010

I've used other Natural Dentist products and have been very satisfied with them...but this rinse is the best! I've been using it for about a year and have not had one cavity!! I drink spring water, so I don't get fluoride from any other source. By the way, it is also a great breath freshener.

healthy teeth:-)

Posted by Reviewer2912008 on Dec 21, 2009

this tastes so good.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1285296 on Dec 29, 2010

I use both this and the orange flavored gum related mouthwash and find them both superior to the alternative products available at both conventional pharmacies and health food stores.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2240090 on May 25, 2011

All natural, great taste

Tops

Posted by Reviewer1999860 on Apr 02, 2012

This product is worth it's weight in gold. It works.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »