This is an excellent product for mood stabilization, sleep, suppressing appetite. This is the precursor to serotonin...

Posted by 5182115778057443203 on Mar 06, 2015

After 7 years taking antidepressants, which made me feel like a zombie, constantly tired most of the time, to many side effects from the meds, i came cross a video on youtube, john gray 5htp watch?v=wltfQ4qOA8Q, this is an excellent product for mood stabilization, sleep, suppressing appetite. This is the precursor to serotonin...

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2776030 on Feb 25, 2015

I've tried a few brands and this one is the best. I usually take 50 mg but even cut in half, therefore making its enteric coating redundant, this tablet doesn't hurt my stomach. It really is an excellent way to keep your serotonin levels healthy. But don't take too many as cortisol rises with serotonin, so if you push the boundaries you'll end up sleepy and stressed (ie heart pounding, body under stress) at the same time! That's what happens to me if I take more than I need.

The best

Posted by Reviewer1297018 on Oct 26, 2013

I was using the "now" brand of 5-htp with great success but always hated the nausea ide get with it afterwards, after switching to this brand that problem is fixed.

Well worth it

Posted by Reviewer1990542 on Oct 04, 2012

My husband and I having been taking 100mg 5-HTP for a few months now and not only has it helped us come off antidepressants without tumbling into despair it has been a wonderful alternative to being on them at all. The enteric coated tabs prevent any tummy troubles and we've both found taking 100mg at bedtime gives us a good night sleep with no 'hangover' in the morning. When we took them during the day we did feel very sleepy - if anxiety or hyper-arousal was an issue this might be useful but we find it hard to get going at the best of times! When "Life" gets a bit tough - we up the dose with the 50mg tabs which seems to flatten out the bumps quite well - some bumps are unflattenable but at least we've got the goods to face it head on and not be crushed by the thought of tackling the big stuff. We both found on anti-depressants that we were in a 'chemical straight-jacket' and far too many 'whatevers' were being mumbled and way too many things went through to the keeper that should of been addressed - we're now in the process of 'mopping up' from a lot of that non-decision making.... I will NEVER go back on anti-depressants again now that I have found a reliable and real alternative. If you're at the point of knowing you need help but aren't really wanting to start on the antidepressant merry-go-round DEFINTELY give 5-HTP a fair go, I wish I'd known about it before I filled the Cymbalta script!!!

Perfect Prozac replacement

Posted by Reviewer1682534 on Jul 30, 2012

I tried the regular 5-htp but my stomach kept hurting. Once I switched to enteric, the problem was solved. This is a great product replacement with no side effects with long term use like the prescription ones. Natural Factors is the only brand that makes the enteric.

Mood

Posted by Reviewer1723619 on Mar 03, 2012

This really seems to help both mood and emotional flooding.

OK

Posted by Reviewer1072866 on Feb 29, 2012

Used this for a good night's sleep and haven't really noticed any difference. maybe need to supplement with something else or take for a longer period of time

Fantastic for my estomach

Posted by Reviewer2736750 on Feb 24, 2012

This is the best 5HTP I have found so far. Because it is enteric coated I can take before going to sleep in an empty estomach and my estomach does not suffer from it. The higher costs of enteric coated pills are worth in this case.

Has truly helped

Posted by Reviewer1410663 on Jan 11, 2012

Am calmer and show fewer signs of OCD on just a single capsule a day.

This is the only 5-HTP that doesn't upset my stomach

Posted by Reviewer1294089 on Dec 17, 2011

I started out with this product, then tried to save a little by buying the non-enteric coated. Big-time stomach upset and heart burn. I gave them to a friend, and she had no problem with them. These really balance and improve my mood. I've been through some really stressful times and was slipping into a depression- I tried this before increasing prescription meds and I'm so glad I did.