July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Natural Factors, 5-HTP, 50 mg, 60 Enteric Coated Caplets

Reviews 3-star

5-HTP is OK

Posted by Reviewer1737667 on Dec 12, 2009

I have found that 5-HTP does not help me get to sleep that well. Tryptophan works better for that purpose. I am taking it to for another reason. Won't know if it is helping in that area until another lab test later in December. This brand is one of few that is enteric coated and recommended by my doctor.

Strange

Posted by Reviewer2879636 on Feb 08, 2010

Whenever I take these with antidepressants, I become irritable and cranky. You may have a strange reaction.

Quite good

Posted by Christal on Aug 02, 2012

Have not felt that it helped at all with sleep or energy or weight loss, but do feel that it helps with mood and anxiety. Taking this with Rhodiola Rosea 500mg. My problem could be finding the correct number of caplets to take daily & what time of the day to take it. As far as the Enteric Coating goes, it really doesn't bother my stomach at all when taken without meals. Update: For those who are buying this to aid sleep, be informed that 5-HTP does not work on everyone for sleeping problem. For me, taking just one 50mg cap. before bedtime will keep me awake throughout the night. If I take it with melatonin, instead of enhancing the effect of melatonin, it works the opposite way, making it harder for me to fall asleep and producing very unsound sleep. 100mg before bed will make me very restless (borderline agitated) the whole sleepless night. So I take 50-100mg @daytime with Rhodiola; it does calm me down, making me less stressed out and panicky, helping me face my day with more positivity. Higher dose than that and it's too sedating.

Good for sleeping

Posted by Reviewer1875030 on Mar 30, 2010

I use this in conjunction with Melatonin to sleep. I prefer the capsules, but these are easy to swallow.

Affordable

Posted by 5199231874746806761 on Nov 07, 2013

Price is good. Can´t really tell the effects, but I only take it in synergy with Gaba and melatonin at night, can't really tell the effects.