Natural Factors, 5-HTP, 50 mg, 60 Enteric Coated Caplets

Reviews 5-star

Miracle herb for depression & anxiety!

Posted by Reviewer1602306 on Dec 31, 2008

This supplement is a true lifesaver for me. After taking lexapro for many years for depression and anxiety the side effects became increasingly worse. I tried unsucessfully to wean myself from the lexapro which resulted in even worse side effects. After doing much research I decided to try 5-htp and have had amazing results. I have been off the lexapro for 3 months and experience no side effects from the 5-htp, feel mentally clearer, and my anxiety and depression symptoms have decreased dramatically. Also, I am vegan and this is the only vegan 5-htp I have found and the enteric coated caplets are more efficiently absorbed. It has also helped with my constant insomnia and sugar cravings. I highly recommend this product but advise anyone to consult their physician before trying to wean yourself off an antidepressant medication. I simply couldn't be happier with this product.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1129458 on Jan 19, 2008

I definitely recommen the enteric coated--the non-coated leads to gi distress!

Works for me.

Posted by Reviewer3031315 on Apr 24, 2008

Try it. 50 mg, twice a day, for anxiety. For me, it works much better than SSRI's without the side effects.

5-HTP is great!

Posted by Reviewer1788991 on Mar 30, 2009

My husband have been taking 5-htp for 3 weeks and is sleeping better and have lost a few pounds. Thank you for a wondreful product! SE Fort Worth,Texas

5-HTP What a wonderful product!

Posted by Reviewer3290087 on Sep 02, 2009

I was crying almost everyday for no reason at all. After taking the 5-HTP I don't cry at all and I feel great. It has given me a boost of energy as well.