A Carb-Blocking Soluble Fiber

Posted by Reviewer1558005 on Jan 17, 2014

This product is made from a plant called JU LUO in Chinese. In Taiwan and Japan, they use the fiber from this plant to make carb-free noodles and gummy-bear like snacks (without the sugar). It works fairly well, though it may cause some GI problems. Like any fiber supplements, start slowly. It is thought that the active ingredient not only fills you up with soluble fiber, it also encapsulates carbs and prevents their digestion. I definitely save them for my biggest meal of the day, for who knows what other nutrients it might also encapsulate. I carry them with me in case I find myself at a buffet or some other place or event that I might pig out or otherwise break my low-carb diet. I have a problem with impulse control, so the idea of wrapping up the carbs and preventing their digestion is appealing to me. Additional information. For filling up faster, some oil (I use flax, fish, and black seed supplements) or nuts 30 minutes before your meal is a good idea. You may fill full faster, because the oil gets the stomach-mind biofeedback loop working real time. For balance, you may also want use these PGX products(soluble fiber) with a couple of psyllium husk (insoluble fiber) caps 5 minutes before your meal. Both are good for you in different ways. For additional sugar control, you might want to try an Alpha Lipoic Acid (I use Jarrow Fomulas Alpha Lipoic Sustain). I'm not diabetic, but I don't like the post-carb crashes. I would give this product 3.5 stars for myself because I don't find them helpful with impulse control and sugar craving personally. As an emotional eater, they do NOT override these emotion-based cravings. I think that that aspect of the product is overrated. However,I do use them or similar products (white bean powder) often, because living in modern society where processing a rampant and fiber hard to find, I think a little more fiber here and there is important.

Natural Factors, WellBetX PGX with Mulberry, 180 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1661801 on Sep 06, 2008

Lowers my blood sugar also works well as an appetite suppressant. Be sure to drink lots of water when taking capsules. Display first name only

Seems to be working...

Posted by Reviewer1023914 on Jul 22, 2010

I bought this product as an aid for weight loss as well as to help clean out the arteries and help moderate my blood sugar. After taking it for about a month now (approx 6 capsules/day), I do believe my sugar cravings have decreased and I also appear to be losing weight. Time will tell...

PGX

Posted by Reviewer1685720 on Apr 06, 2011

I have lost 24 lbs. in the last 18 days. I have tried several other weight loss supplements with some sucess but not like PGX. PGX was recommended to me by my Doctor at my last physical when I told him I was trying to lose weight. He wrote down three letters PGX and said try it it works.

Seems to curb cravings well

Posted by Reviewer1155103 on Aug 07, 2011

Used as directed with lots of water, this works well to reduce cravings and make you feel fuller during a meal a lot quicker than you otherwise might

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2182598 on Mar 19, 2012

I wish they would say how much fiber and carbs is in each pill.

I Love It

Posted by Reviewer3338014 on Aug 27, 2010

This product works very good. I feel full and I am pushing away my plate with food still on it, because I cannot take another bite.

Not impressed

Posted by 5367637849041119581 on Jun 25, 2014

- 2 kg per month

good

Posted by 5397825090186643318 on Nov 27, 2012

good