PREFER ZINC CITRATE - Solgar, Natural Factors, Nutricology - it doesn't matter which

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 19, 2014

I decided to try this zinc because I didn't want a 50mg mega-dose and I wanted a break from organic acids such as citrate, gluconate. I also wanted a tablet without a lot of added junk. However, there's something about this that causes me to feel very blah when I take it - the same is not true of zinc citrate or gluconate. I'm picking it's the HVP chelate - not a good option as far as I'm concerned (probably rice or tapioca). Picolinate is a pyridine derivative therefore not suitable for everyone, plus I find picolinate causes rhinintis - so it's back to citrate for me, which I've never had bad reactions to - ever - regardless of brand (e.g. Solgar, Natural Factors, Nutricology). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Magnesium Sterate

Posted by 4916904263201778734 on Sep 26, 2012

Found out this was in the product. Didn't even take it. I don't think this belongs in a vitamin. Take it out.

Good Quality

Posted by Reviewer3305515 on Jun 14, 2012

These zinc supplements are great. They're gentle on my stomach and allow me to easily spread out higher doses when needed. They help with my immunity and moderate acne especially. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3334900 on Jun 14, 2012

Use this for me son who goes thorugh phases of mouthing and it along with calcuim have help tremendously

Good immune booster

Posted by Reviewer1125289 on May 14, 2009

Very satisfied with this zinc in tablet form. Easy to swallow. Boosts my immune system; haven't had any kind of infection for quite some time, even when those in my immediate family were sick one after the other. Good price. Bottle lasts 3 months, as I take one a day at bed-time.

Great quality chelate

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Oct 07, 2008

I have taken these when I felt the tingle of a cold sore approaching and never got one, many many times.

zinc

Posted by 5005516901630098822 on Feb 18, 2015

keeps foot oder and body oder down

Natural Factors, Zinc Chelate, 25mg - Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1025319 on Jun 26, 2008

I find this product to be excellent. Very gentle on the digestive system.

product