Effective - better than picolinate (which I found is not hypoallergenic)

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

Picolinate is a pyridine derivative so will not suit everyone - every mineral picolinate I've tried has caused rhinitis, regardless of brand/mineral. This one is well utilised as per label claim and I like that there are minimal fillers for easy absorption. I've never found an issue with zinc citrate, ever. Small tabs, but easy to cut in half - would be great if this was 25mg. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

no zinc citrate

Posted by Reviewer2348478 on Dec 22, 2010

I do not recommend this form of zinc. calcium and magnesium works well as a citrate form but this not. Next time i will order zinc picolinate.

Good!

Posted by snowfitness1 on Jan 18, 2008

I haven't had an excema flare-up since I started taking this! Yay! I hope it continues!

cost effective and important supplement

Posted by Reviewer1902182 on Apr 24, 2010

I had an old pharmacist tell me that if I took 50mg of zinc a day, my teeth, gums, and overall health would be excellent. I've been taking it ever since and totally trust Natural Factors.

Immune Booster

Posted by Reviewer1617936 on Nov 24, 2007

I started using zinc to boost my immune system. It works. A side benefit has been the white spots on my left hand fingernails disappear when I use it regularly.

Cant live with out this!

Posted by Reviewer2627799 on Nov 26, 2007

We take 1 dailey and we NEVER get sick.

Great product!

Posted by LivingNatural on Oct 23, 2012

Natural Factors zinc products are great! The form is citrate which has one of the greatest absorption. The dosage of 50mg is however pretty much so I'm splitting tablets. When you get too much zinc, your copper levels will start decresing so remember to take also copper. Taking it just before bedtime, gives me a good night's sleep and boosts testosterone levels.

Highly absorbable form of zinc.

Posted by Reviewer2756656 on Mar 07, 2011

One of the best I have ever used.

Good quality, great price

Posted by lonelywe on Oct 12, 2012

I took these 1 month and really notice my skin better and less hair loss.

Careful with those big doses.

Posted by HyperTEXTuality on Mar 10, 2015

I ordered this supplement because a reviewer had noted that the tablets are easy to split in half. I thought I'd use it in a course of gradual Zn increase to handle my hidden copper toxicity. It turned out that even 25 mg of Zinc Citrate was too much for me and the days on which I took 50 mg I was beyond feeling bad. I give it three stars to draw attention to the fact that these are NOT easy to split, at all. Otherwise, if a doctor has prescribed such a big dose, go for it - it's a good supplement.