Harsh harsh harsh

Posted by Reviewer1658116 on Jan 31, 2011

Waaaay too hot and stingy for my gums, made them blood red!

Literally burns my mouth

Posted by Reviewer2635537 on Sep 27, 2011

My mouth had to heal itself from the burn this product made.

Intense Cinnamon Flavor Irritates Gums, Taste buds, Triggers Lichenoid Reaction

Posted by Reviewer2848293 on Mar 14, 2013

I purchased four bottles of this product, looking for a little variety after using the Cool Mint flavor religiously for several years. I was diagnosed with erosive oral lichen planus two years ago, and experienced positive results controlling the condition using the Cool Mint PerioWash to treat the condition without cortisol prescriptions. I decided to try the Cinna Mint flavor, not realizing that intense cinnamon flavorings as used in dental products, chewing gums, etc. have been documented to trigger lichenoid reactions. After using this product twice as directed, I began to notice that the lichen planus was flaring up, in addition to mouth sores cropping up over my gums, cheeks, and lips. Not realizing the connection of this product to the breakout, I used it a third time before bed, and woke the next morning with persisting aforementioned conditions, as well as inflamed taste buds. If you like strong cinnamon flavor in chewing gums and other dental products, and know your mouth can take it, this is probably a great product. (The flavor is delicious, even if too strong for me!) Definitely avoid at all costs if you have oral lichen planus -- go for the Cool Mint flavor instead!

Burns & Ulcers

Posted by 4658758440402681522 on Jul 12, 2015

I use the Periobrite mouth wash in Coolmint and decided to try the Cinnamint flavour despite some of the bad reviews. I only used this for a few days before noticing my whole tongue was inflamed and covered in ulcers and the top of my mouth is burnt and raw. Feels very uncomfortable. I am a person who loves cinnamon and have it daily. I could tolerate the strong sensation in my mouth but nothing prepared me for the aftermath. Not sure whether to try to dilute it with some water or use it once a week til its gone.. Sucks because i do love the flavor. Definitely would use the Coolmint only.

Great Taste But Color.....

Posted by Angieiherb on Sep 05, 2016

I like the taste and strength but the color is very brown, I worry it will stain my braces if I dont rinse well.... Which defeats the purpose of using it.