Clean mouth

Posted by Reviewer1705277 on May 28, 2011

This mouthwash is my favorite right now. It may not be the most popular or even the best tasting but I feel that it does something special for my oral health.

Wanted a natural mouthwash.

Posted by Reviewer1254734 on Oct 12, 2009

So far it is okay. Nothing really to report.

I'm a big fan of cinnamon mouth washes but this is just WAY to strong

Posted by OrlyDumitrescu on Aug 13, 2012

I used the mint one and it was really good, and when I found out they also have a cinnamon one I was really excited! But this is just strong. After about 10-15 seconds I start to cry! Not a very enjoyable use.

Joanne, NY

Posted by Reviewer1965330 on Oct 26, 2013

I find it very-very strong the cinnamon burns my mouth and the excessive amount od glycerine makes it very sweet. I'm diluting it with water and I'm looking to buy something else on my my next order.

Burns & Ulcers

Posted by 4658758440402681522 on Jul 12, 2015

I use the Periobrite mouth wash in Coolmint and decided to try the Cinnamint flavour despite some of the bad reviews. I only used this for a few days before noticing my whole tongue was inflamed and covered in ulcers and the top of my mouth is burnt and raw. Feels very uncomfortable. I am a person who loves cinnamon and have it daily. I could tolerate the strong sensation in my mouth but nothing prepared me for the aftermath. Not sure whether to try to dilute it with some water or use it once a week til its gone.. Sucks because i do love the flavor. Definitely would use the Coolmint only.

Great Taste But Color.....

Posted by Angieiherb on Sep 05, 2016

I like the taste and strength but the color is very brown, I worry it will stain my braces if I dont rinse well.... Which defeats the purpose of using it.

Intense Cinnamon Flavor Irritates Gums, Taste buds, Triggers Lichenoid Reaction

Posted by Reviewer2848293 on Mar 14, 2013

I purchased four bottles of this product, looking for a little variety after using the Cool Mint flavor religiously for several years. I was diagnosed with erosive oral lichen planus two years ago, and experienced positive results controlling the condition using the Cool Mint PerioWash to treat the condition without cortisol prescriptions. I decided to try the Cinna Mint flavor, not realizing that intense cinnamon flavorings as used in dental products, chewing gums, etc. have been documented to trigger lichenoid reactions. After using this product twice as directed, I began to notice that the lichen planus was flaring up, in addition to mouth sores cropping up over my gums, cheeks, and lips. Not realizing the connection of this product to the breakout, I used it a third time before bed, and woke the next morning with persisting aforementioned conditions, as well as inflamed taste buds. If you like strong cinnamon flavor in chewing gums and other dental products, and know your mouth can take it, this is probably a great product. (The flavor is delicious, even if too strong for me!) Definitely avoid at all costs if you have oral lichen planus -- go for the Cool Mint flavor instead!

Literally burns my mouth

Posted by Reviewer2635537 on Sep 27, 2011

My mouth had to heal itself from the burn this product made.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2710442 on Aug 13, 2014

I have used the cool mint version of the product and was happy with it. However I wish I had read the reviews of this one. My mouth can't handle it at all. Severe burning sensation after short contact with the tongue and got several extremely painful ulcers as well as burnt surface on the tongue and top of the mouth lasting for days. Will have to throw away almost a full bottle.

WTF!? 50% Price Hike!

Posted by Reviewer2511029 on Sep 26, 2016

Great product but FYI it was only $6.73 in April, 2016. That's only 6 months before the writing of this review. It's still around that price at vitacost.com so does that speak to iHerb price gouging? I don't know but I'm not happy at all with the nearly 50% price hike!