I like it!

Posted by Reviewer2963354 on Jul 02, 2012

This is a good everyday shampoo. It does not dry out the scalp and you dont need much to shampoo your hair. God smell and good value :)

herbal shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1114393 on Jun 28, 2012

Did not like the smell of this natural shampoo

Liked, but...

Posted by MaryBeth on Jun 19, 2012

This shampoo works well, but at first, my sister and I were a little overwhelmed by the smell of it. It cleaned well without making our hair dry or frizzy. We would have continued using it, except it gave us both flaky scalps (but no itching), a problem we'd never had before). I would use this every once in a while, I guess, but not for every time you wash your hair, unless you want to risk having flakes in your hair.

super

Posted by Marishkaaa on Jun 18, 2012

It's very good shampoo for every day! Good price!

Strong fragrance added and moderately toxic

Posted by Reviewer2357113 on Jun 01, 2012

I've been on the quest to find a shampoo that contains ingredients derived from nature with few harmful chemicals. I had high hopes for this shampoo. I've been using it for about a month. It lathers up extremely well and this usually doesn't happen with most plant derived shampoos. It makes me wonder what type of synthetic foaming agent had been added to it. It works well in terms of getting my longer hair clean and making it tangle free. However, it leaves a very strong scent behind as though someone sprayed strong perfume into my hair. If I work really hard on rinsing my hair well, the scent is slightly less strong, but still much stronger than after most other shampoos. I have gone online to the EWG's Cosmetic Database to check out their rating for this product and discovered that this shampoo has a fairly toxic rating of 5. Quite frankly, I'm better off using the Dove Moisturizing Shampoo (score of 3) available at most stores that sell shampoo than this product. Nature's Gate needs to be more upfront about what they put into their shampoos. When they list "fragrance" on the bottle, this could be a mixture of a whole bunch of toxic compounds or parabens. Twice, I contacted Nature's Gate customer service in hopes of finding out what their "fragrance" mixture contains, but they would not answer the question and each time referred me to the list of ingredients on their website, which has the same general "fragrance" wording on it. I wanted to like this shampoo as it makes my hair feel soft, but I am not convinced it's good for me. So unfortunately I will keep looking for a shampoo that is less perfumed and less toxic. Next on the list is the Everyday Shea Shampoo which only has about 5 ingredients.

Good item

Posted by Reviewer2030445 on Apr 12, 2012

Good item and smart price. Thank you

A good natural shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1863003 on Mar 24, 2012

A good natural shampoo with a pleasant odor.

Best

Posted by shepajulia on Mar 21, 2012

a very nice flavor. Expensive perfume. Loved it! And as a shampoo for every day a great

Great