Nature's Plus, Herbal Actives, Licorice (DGL), 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Great for stomach upset

Posted by Reviewer1243772 From Taiwan on Jul 16, 2010

Probably the best natural ingredient available to improve the quality of mucin and improving the quantity of mucin. Its a amazing product for people with ulters and gas reflux.

Best form of Licorice

Posted by Reviewer1840838 From California on Oct 13, 2010

This is the best form of licorice to take (DGL). It helps with heartburn and adrenals. I take it every day and like it a lot.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2214771 From Michigan on Feb 25, 2009

I really liked this product. My naturopath told me to get DGL to heal up ulcerations in my digestive tract. I looked at all the chewable ones, but wanted something without all the other ingredients that they put in the chewable tablets. This product fit the bill. Unfortunately I had to stop taking it because it gave me knots in my lymph nodes or saliva glands (not sure which, and I'm not sure why) But it's still a good product.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1783628 From Pennsylvania on Jan 18, 2010

Tried these after GNC stopped carrying DGL Licorice which was their own brand. I found these to be MORE effective and less expensive. I intend to reorder a larger supply shortly.

Slow to help heal an ulcer, but helping!

Posted by Reviewer2250162 on Jun 22, 2012

I found that these work better for me when I open the capsule and put the contents on my tongue, as opposed to swallowing the capsule whole. After that, I let it mix with my saliva for 5 minutes then swallow. I've read before about how DGL works with saliva, so I don't understand why this is sold in a capsule. I bought these anyway b/c I can't seem to find any DGL on the market that does not have any sugar or some other sweetner in it!! So, these fit the bill, just wish these were in a chewable tablet, but then again they probably would just add a sweetner to it anyway. These do take time to work for me, so not a quick fix when the ol' ulcer starts burning. So, I also added Flax Seed oil (without the seed particles in it) and that has also been helping to heal my ulcer. Might try Cayenne capsules too.