Nature's Plus, Herbal Actives, Licorice (DGL), 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1783628 on Jan 18, 2010

Tried these after GNC stopped carrying DGL Licorice which was their own brand. I found these to be MORE effective and less expensive. I intend to reorder a larger supply shortly.

Slow to help heal an ulcer, but helping!

Posted by Reviewer2250162 on Jun 22, 2012

I found that these work better for me when I open the capsule and put the contents on my tongue, as opposed to swallowing the capsule whole. After that, I let it mix with my saliva for 5 minutes then swallow. I've read before about how DGL works with saliva, so I don't understand why this is sold in a capsule. I bought these anyway b/c I can't seem to find any DGL on the market that does not have any sugar or some other sweetner in it!! So, these fit the bill, just wish these were in a chewable tablet, but then again they probably would just add a sweetner to it anyway. These do take time to work for me, so not a quick fix when the ol' ulcer starts burning. So, I also added Flax Seed oil (without the seed particles in it) and that has also been helping to heal my ulcer. Might try Cayenne capsules too.

i like this

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Feb 27, 2010

This is a good product, helps alot with my digestion, have leaky gut syndrome and are using this with a host of other stuff to improve my functions, its really working.

No Effect

Posted by Reviewer2390602 on Dec 01, 2010

May have caused hemmorhoids.

Stopped my reflux

Posted by Reviewer1799342 on Nov 08, 2010

Have been using for years after being on Rx for reflux based on a recommendation by Dr. Weil. More effective, no side effects, healthier and iherb always has great prices.