Not Organic at all and capsule filled only half way with herb

Posted by Reviewer2548607 on Jan 24, 2016

I have been taking herbal products for 30 years. I have learned to research each one because there are changes in companies and products over time. Natures way used to be a good company many years ago. However, this Burdock root is listed as certified organic and containing 475 mills inside the capsule. When I received the Burdock root, I looked for the organic certification logo on the bottle-none existed. Just saying a product if organic is dishonest and means nothing at all to the consumer. Additionally, the capsules are all filled about half full (at the most). I used to cap up my own herbs and each 400 or 500 mil cap holds almost exactly that much herb if packed full. This is dishonesty to the point of illegally representing a product. It makes me wonder exactly what the real ingredients inside the capsule is: It tastes far to sweet to be pure Burdock Root. I threw mine away and will not buy anything from this unethical company in the future.

Irritates my bowel

Posted by Reviewer1445001 on Aug 26, 2016

Am I the only one whose bowel gets irritated by thus product? I went through a bottle of 100 capsules of Burdock Root from Now Foods. I only experienced positive effects. But when I take one of these capsules, within one day I feel an internal irritation in the lower bowel, just inside the anus. It goes away when I'm not taking this. I tried on-again-off-again three times. I wish it wasn't true, because I liked what Burdock Root was doing to my body.

Hasnt worked for me yet...

Posted by Reviewer1864143 on Feb 02, 2009

I have a lighter case of rosacea, mainly just a sunburn look to my nose and cheeks. I have taken 2 capsules with each meal and have finished the first bottle and there has been no change thus far. I bought two bottles and will continue to try but am not expecting anything.

Allergic reaction

Posted by Reviewer2091215 on Feb 12, 2015

I had to discontinue because I started having "acne hives" or facial hives that itched. Websites warn: "If you are sensitive to daises, chrysanthemums, or ragweed, you may experience an allergic reaction to burdock, including dermatitis." I am a sensitive person given I do have allergies to dust, molds, trees, animals, milk, etc etc