10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Nature's Way, DIM-plus, Estrogen Metabolism, 120 Veggie Caps

Not as good as i3C

Posted by Reviewer2840642 on Jun 30, 2011

This has a strong hormonal impact. Many will not be able to bear it. Try LEF's Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract (bsically i3C) instead - its a precurser to DIM and the impact on the body is much more smooth and gradual.

Facial hair

Posted by Reviewer2071518 on Jul 31, 2011

Hi there! I first bought this product to balance my body fat distribution. My quads and hams skin folds were substantially bigger than my other skin folds and my trainer said that it was due to high oestrogen. I read the reviews and decided to go for this product. At the same time I started taking some other supplements (magnesium, zinc, vitamin B, E... etc) and the most noticeable effect of all this was that I literally could not notice my cycle - the duration of bleeding decreased from a week to 3 days, no pains, no PMS... I actually believed that it is because of the minerals. However, a month ago I finished the DIM, and I continue to take the vitamins and minerals, and my period now is a bit painful. I had a PMS headache and low energy and a lower back pain. Another effect I noticed is that the tiny hairs on my chin, that appeared about 15 years ago (I'm 32 now), actually STOPPED growing when I was taking the DIM, and resumed growing 2 weeks after I stopped. This is a good reason for me to continue taking it. Btw, I didn't notice a significant change in the skin folds. Yet.

Not a lot of DIM in this

Posted by Toobusy on Feb 27, 2008

I purchased this DIM because it as "bio-responsive" thinking that meant better. After using it for nearly a year and still having hot flashes and symptoms of perimenopause..I started to wonder why other women praised DIM so much. I started looking on the internet and found that the suggested dosage of diindolylmethane (DIM) per day is 100 - 200 mg for women to relief symptoms. Then I noticed that DIM-Plus has 100 mg of diindolylmethane complex per 2 capsules. It then says that only 25% of that complex per serving is actually diindolylmethane. That means per capsule, you get 12.5 mg of diindolylmethane and their suggested dosage is 2 capsules for a total of only 25mg diindolylmethane. Great...no wonder I'm still so hot all the time. I should be taking 8 a day to get the suggested 100 mg for women. I wonder if those women who reviewed this product as working great were using it more for PMS or early perimenopause since it worked at such a low dose. I think for myself, I need something stronger.

DIM saved my life

Posted by zsuzsa on Apr 02, 2012

I use this along with Emerita Pro-Gest cream, and for the first time in my life (Im 31 years old, female) I feel like bricks have been lifted off my shoulders. For the first week I felt irritable, and even more out of balance than usual - but then magic happened. I have such a wonderful sense of well-being, my body feels relaxed and in the "flow" of life, and my hormones are finally balancing. I want to get up and do things, for the sake of doing them. I can exercise longer, eat foods that normally would upset my stomach and sleep all throughout the night. My acne has already started to clear and my PMS gone. I've tried and taken so many remedies for over a decade to heal my hormone issues that have either half worked or not worked at all - so to comment that this might be a placebo effect, is out of the question. It's not. DIM is wonderful and I recommend this to anyone who suffers from hormonal imbalance. The longer you stay on this product, the better you will feel - thus I am excited to see what will become of me a few months down the road. I just got my life back.

The BEST!!!

Posted by Reviewer3279416 on Jul 26, 2011

I do believe that just about everyone should take these. I am a breast cancer survivor and this supplement lowers the estrodial, which is the aggressive estrogen that grows into cancers in both men and women. It makes me and my husband both nicer people by keeping our estrogen in check. I also give it to my 20 year old daughter who gets PMS as PMS and cancer prevention. GOOD STUFF!!!!!