Does Hoodia work as an aid to weight loss

Posted by Reviewer2040300 on Mar 27, 2011

I've heard over the years that hoodia can help to suppress your apetite thus leading to weight loss... some days i agree and others not so much. I'm not sure why the days vary but I do know that I drink a considerable amount of water when I take the tablets but I still eat normally so I really can't say they help in respect of losing weight... shame really, i had high hopes

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2165493 on Sep 15, 2009

Works for me. Takes the "edge" off of being hungry.

Product Works

Posted by Reviewer2196640 on Jun 19, 2008

This product takes a while to work but once it does it works great with no side effects. You must take it at least 30 minutes before a meal and if you do this consistently each day, by about the 7th day you will see a noticeable difference in the amount you eat and how hungry you are. At first, you will thinking that you are hungry then and will have trouble waiting the first 30 minutes, but .. I read or get online and then it goes by fast.

Nature's Way, Hoodia Standardized, 60 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer1495903 on May 18, 2008

Four stars. Only been on it for 3 weeks. Seems to be reducing my appetite to some degree. Will keep taking it to see if it has longer term effects.

Hoodia

Posted by Reviewer3077983 on Apr 12, 2008

I love this product. Good product for the money.You have to be sure to drink plenty of water with this product.Works excellent for curbing my appetite.

Did not work for me

Posted by Reviewer1588247 on Nov 21, 2007

I have not taken it every day since I have bought it-and when taken it did not work for me at all-I noticed no difference at all...

MODERATE HELP

Posted by Reviewer2525588 on Nov 04, 2007

Somewhat filling but not really enough to stave of a major appetite.

Yes, it works

Posted by Reviewer3096602 on Jun 23, 2007

I bought this brand because it's from one of the older, reputable herbal suppliers, also because it's hoodia and not hoodia extract. The hoodia really does curb appetite without any side effects: no buzzy feeling or spacey-ness. I've never experienced anything like it. I read on Wikipedia and other places that its' medical tests showed some effects on the liver, but those exact "effects" are never stated. For this reason I don't plan to take it for long and I also started taking Milk Thistle as well while on it--a good liver cleanser. Also, it can reduce my sense of thirst so I make sure to drink lots of water.

Great Product