Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort, 60 Tablets

best st johns wort

Posted by Reviewer1556539 on Apr 16, 2008

Been using the herb for many years and this is the strongest. Even though it is more expensive I need 3 to 4 x as much of any other herbal caps, so it is actually the best priced as well.

I prefer the Natural Factors SJW

Posted by Reviewer2190023 on Jun 03, 2011

Everyone reacts differently of course, but I noticed that the Perika slightly upset my stomach, and didn't have any noticeable advantage over the Natural Factors brand I've been using. I'm sure it's a good product, and I wanted to test it out, but in my case, the NF SJW is just as good, without any stomach side effects.

Eased Depression Symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2713626 on May 03, 2012

Along with prayers of healing and thanks, Perika has eased many of my depression symptoms after a couple of weeks, but it was a bit "stimulating" (not a great feeling when anxiety is a also an issue). I tried Kira and like it a bit better as it is more "soothing".

Works for me

Posted by Reviewer2461963 on May 27, 2009

I was never depressed until recently. . .no particular reason but it felt like my "brain chemicals" were out of whack. I was lucky. . .I chose Perika first and it worked wonders. . .I backed it down to one per day in the AM and not a bit of depression. This really balanced my "brain chemicals".

Gentle mood lifter

Posted by Reviewer2984714 on Feb 21, 2011

This product is a reputable brand with standardized therapeutic doses of Hyperforin, the clinically proven active ingredient in St Johns Wort. Personally it provides a mild lift to my mood and tends to stabilise the highs and lows of mild depression. I also use in combination with Natures Way 5-HTP to stimulate serotonin production however I dont use the 5-HTP regularly so I think the effectiveness of the combination comes from the Perika. Good value product too.