No effect whatsoever...

Posted by Reviewer1381650 on Nov 20, 2011

I have taken St.John's wort previously (Kira brand) and had great success with it. I took it mainly for anxiety and mild depression and it worked great. However, I have been taking this brand for over 6 weeks now and I feel no effects at all. Absolutely nothing, no relief from anxiety or depression. It is disappointing because I had great hopes for this product.

DId not work for me

Posted by Reviewer2745898 on Apr 02, 2008

I am one of the unfortunate ones who did not find relief from Perika, although I remain convinced that it will work for many who do try it. I experienced incapacitating fatigue from it. I trust Nature's Way as a brand, however, so I think it was merely my own reaction to the herb. Great value here on iherb, however.

didn't do me good

Posted by Reviewer3172433 on Oct 23, 2007

I tried it for a few days and so did my mother, didn't do niether of us any good. I felt strange so i stopped. She used to take another brand (vit. shoppe), tried this one and went back to the other brand. I guess that it just doesn't fit everybody.

good mood-evening results!

Posted by animot on Feb 26, 2011

yay for perika. my boyfriend has seen great results with both this brand and kira. we've been under tremendous stress in the last several years and combining these two high-quality brands of st. john's wort with holy basil caps (and sometimes some ginseng caps for energy) has prevented him from needing prescription anti-depressants and/or mood stabilizers. i'm on the rx stuff, myself, but i wish i'd had the forethought to try these first beforehand. don't switch to and from Rx antidepressants before making sure s.t john's maoi similarities won't interfere with your health; washout is usually recommended. anyway, excellent stuff!

Warning

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Apr 16, 2015

The use of St John's Wort have been linked to cataracts cause of the photo sensitivity. There are much more safer alternatives for depression like Zembrin wich is another natural SSRI or the fruit Camu Camu!

Tablets better than caps

Posted by SingaporeLobangQueen on Jul 17, 2014

This is one of the good brands. The benefit is the tablet form. The brands sold in capsule form tend to be affected by humidity (the content of the caps turns very dark and get compacted). This doesn't happen with tablets and I trust that it should be more stable because of this.

great combination

Posted by 5227751836699278541 on Aug 13, 2014

Mainly, I want benefit from St John's wort but this product contains others for prstate and brain and other organs as well, This one certainly stablize my mood.

Good replacement for Kira

Posted by 4644655449967202941 on May 21, 2014

Started using Perika SJW after Kira went off the US market. For me, Perika is as good as Kira in relieving general depression. The Kira relieved anxiety better, though. After switching to Perika, I noticed that when on the Kira, I had been a bit prone to anger; not so on the Perika. I'm happy with the switch to Perika from Kira.

Active ingrediants preserved

Posted by 4863265231074097517 on Mar 05, 2015

I have worried about the generic clear capsules with God knows what inside of them. They are sensitive to sunlight & lose potency quickly, according to studies. I appreciate this tablet form for St John's Wort & expect to keep using the Perika brand. Pricing & delivery are very competitive as well.

The best St John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2693590 on Apr 02, 2009

Dr. Richard Brown recommended this particular formulation of St John's and indeed it is very effective.