Nature's Way, Valerian Root, 530 mg, 180 Capsules

For sleep.

Posted by Reviewer3045797 on Mar 08, 2010

One of the only things that will reliably make me sleep - and I am a life-long insomniac.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2958009 on Oct 12, 2007

Works great, calms my nerves and allows me to focus without anxiety.

easy to take

Posted by Reviewer1644924 on Jan 27, 2008

Other valerian capsules have caused stomach upset. This one is easier on my digestive system, but equally effective.

Excellent Valerian Root

Posted by Reviewer3079478 on Jun 23, 2008

I use valerian root to manage muscle spasms from spinal injury. Nature's Way is always a good company and this valerian root is the best for the price that I have used. Note: valerian can exacerbate depression. Monitor your mood/affect if you suffer from depression. Also: is like catnip for cats - mine knows when I open the bottle! :)

Conflicted - but it does work

Posted by Reviewer1759549 on Aug 31, 2011

On one hand the valerian does exactly what it is supposed to and acts like a muscle relaxant, but I definitely recognized that it altered my mood and not in a good way. Perhaps I took too much and perhaps the mood altering effects are highly individualistic but keep an eye on your mood when you're on it. If you have problems with depression or any other mental issues, I would avoid Valerian. I find boswellia to work very well allbeit more as an anti-inflammatory but it's working for me. I did try Formula 303 and that has valerian and I didn't notice the mood changes with that. Like I said I may have taken too much. This product does work though and you don't need a prescription. It definitely acts as a muscle relaxer.