Nature's Way, Valerian Root, 530 mg, 180 Capsules

Excellent Valerian Root

Posted by Reviewer3079478 on Jun 23, 2008

I use valerian root to manage muscle spasms from spinal injury. Nature's Way is always a good company and this valerian root is the best for the price that I have used. Note: valerian can exacerbate depression. Monitor your mood/affect if you suffer from depression. Also: is like catnip for cats - mine knows when I open the bottle! :)

Sleepy time is here!

Posted by Reviewer2217593 on Dec 08, 2008

I rely on valerian root to help me sleep, with 3 types of arthritis and a neck injury falling asleep can be a battle - I take 2 of these and in 30 minutes I can count on falling asleep. Also, with assorted allergies to boot, this product is what I call "clean" - if I can use it - so can many others.

Seems to work

Posted by Reviewer2673735 on Jul 01, 2011

Seems to work well. I take with 5 HTP to sleep at night. I sleep a lot better.

Nature's Way Valerion Roon 530mg

Posted by Reviewer3279268 on Oct 16, 2011

Too strong. Very high dosage. Works as a seep aid but might be what caused the grogginess the next day. I'd buy a lower dosage next time.

Conflicted - but it does work

Posted by Reviewer1759549 on Aug 31, 2011

On one hand the valerian does exactly what it is supposed to and acts like a muscle relaxant, but I definitely recognized that it altered my mood and not in a good way. Perhaps I took too much and perhaps the mood altering effects are highly individualistic but keep an eye on your mood when you're on it. If you have problems with depression or any other mental issues, I would avoid Valerian. I find boswellia to work very well allbeit more as an anti-inflammatory but it's working for me. I did try Formula 303 and that has valerian and I didn't notice the mood changes with that. Like I said I may have taken too much. This product does work though and you don't need a prescription. It definitely acts as a muscle relaxer.