Some change, but too early to tell

Posted by Reviewer1808668 on Jul 25, 2011

I am taking Vitex to help lengthen my luteal cycle which is quite short, about seven or eight days. I haven't been through a whole new cycle yet so hard to know if it is having an effect yet. However I have noticed an increase in libido so it is possible this is from taking Vitex.

Not for everyone

Posted by Reviewer1120434 on Dec 10, 2009

This is a good-quality product, but I have learned recently that Vitex is not for everyone. It effects levels of dopamine in your system, and can interfere with drugs that treat schizophrenia and parkinson's disease. It's also a bad choice if you're on antidepressants such as wellbutrin which also effect dopamine. I wish it weren't so...I had a remarkable improvement in my PMDD symptoms while I was taking it.

ok

Posted by Reviewer1060828 on Nov 10, 2011

I've been using this product few months now and I've been mostly pleased. I have not had menstrual pains, mood swings or break outs anymore. One minus there is... This product shortened my circulation from 30 days to 24 days. I will buy again.

Great, but...

Posted by username161 on Jun 29, 2012

These worked really well for the PMT, however by the second month I started spotting and then I read that these can lessen the efficacy of the contraceptive pill! Stink one, cause they were helping! So if you're on the pill beware this may happen, but def worth a try if you're not because if they do help they're an affordable way to get relief!

It is good to "jump-start" your hormones

Posted by Reviewer1676855 on Nov 02, 2012

I went off depo-provera but didn't get my period for months and I was terribly sick, bloated and PMS. Someone mentioned on a forum that vitex will help. I started taking it and two weeks later, I finally got my period and it balanced my cycles. I continued and noticed that I become more forgettable and it affected my job so I stopped taking it and my memory returned.

cuidado

Posted by 5389364166843395423 on Apr 09, 2015

El producto es bueno pero creo que algunas mujeres somos muy sensibles al vitex. Solo con unos dias tomando 2 cápsulas me comencé a sentir deprimida e irritable, he tenido que interrumpir su uso aunque quiero volver a intentarlo en breve antes de descartarlo. Esto ya me sucedió con otra marca, pero no me ha pasado con todas , así que supongo que su pureza, concentración, etc, juegan un factor muy importante.

Somewhat works for PCOS

Posted by Reviewer2765237 on Sep 28, 2015

I have PCOS with very irregular and sometimes absent periods. Vitex gives me periods but it didn't regulate the cycles or made me ovulate. Used 1 capsule per day because I'm very sensitive to all things that affect hormone balance. Good thing is that Vitex probably made me slim down a few kilos and made me less hairy. My weight is already within normal range. With 1 capsule I didn't notice any side effects whatsoever. Vitex is cheap to try to IF you have time and patience.

So far so good

Posted by Reviewer2523378 on Dec 26, 2008

I have not been taking this long enough to see the results as some have claimed. I am happy with how fast I got it . I will give it more time to write a accurate review. I have noticed my breast have gotten firmer. Also, the pills are easy to take and have no after taste.

I have PCOS.

Posted by Reviewer2222919 on Sep 10, 2009

I have only been taking this product for 3 weeks and have yet to wait for the positive results. I have not had my period in over a year and according to this product it should help regulate it. I have not had any negative side-effects so far.

Still waiting, but good results already

Posted by Reviewer2967780 on Apr 04, 2008

I have only been taking vitex for about two weeks now (that's why I only gave it three stars), but so far I can say that my skin has improved and that I feel better over all. The service was excellent - I received my order within a few days and the prices are *very* reasonable. I would definitely buy from iherb again - they are my first choice now when it comes to herbal treatment.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »