Horrible mood swings and depression

Posted by Reviewer2098910 on Dec 12, 2014

I got atrocious mood-swings and depression when taking this product, compulsive thoughts, I was just in a bad way. I thought I was losing my mind so I researched this and many sources say these issues can be a side-effect of Vitex. The problems stopped the day after I discontinued this product. I have found another brand that does not cause these kinds of problems. I'm not saying this is a bad product, as it has obviously worked for many other people, it just did not work for me, I guess I'm sensitive. Ideally, Vitex is good for regulating hormones and the menstrual cycle as well as increasing fertility. I believe the difference in products is the level of purity and method of extraction. The one I prefer and use now is by gaia.

Major side affects!

Posted by Reviewer1189223 on Sep 16, 2010

I took vitex because I read that it can help some people with hormonal acne. I took it for two months. At first I thought it was making my skin less oily and perhaps it was. As time went on, I started seeing my veins get darker, varicose like and new spider veins started popping up daily and my legs began to throb. By the end of my second month I had horrifying PMS like I haven't had in years and my veins were a complete mess, so I decided to stop taking it after my last cycle. I also noticed that I felt very "unhealthy" the whole time I was taking it. I can remember saying in my head many times a day.... "I just don't feel well, I don't feel well, I don't feel right." Now that I'm off it, the onset of new varicose and spider veins is subsiding, my mood has improved and my overall wellbeing is so much better. I guess this just isn't a miracle for everyone and I would warn that adjusting your hormones can have many side affects including varicose veins, throbbing legs and changes to your cycle. (In my case negative changes) Be careful before taking this.

llevo tomandolas 3 meses

Posted by Reviewer3190986 on Jul 16, 2012

Tengo ovarios poliquisticos y un quiste bastante grande, y estaba buscando una alternativa menos dañina para mi que las pastillas anticonceptivas que me mandaba el ginecologo. Despues de estar tomandolas casi tres meses por primera vez en años, mi menstruaccion ha llegado a los 28 dias justos y en la revision, el ginecologo me ha dicho que el quiste ha desaparecido. Estoy muy contenta! :)

terrible heart beats

Posted by 5162199018060987631 on Apr 13, 2013

i took this product for about 2 months and i think it made me a terrible side effects such as nauseas and very fast heart beats so i stopped taking it and now my period is very late

Good balance

Posted by Reviewer1233991 on Apr 22, 2008

Went off the pill and started taking these (2/day) the very next day. My face is still smooth and clear (unlike other times I have discontinued the pill) and my emotions and cycles have remained stable. All the benefits of the pill and we can try for a baby!

Great for making my periods regular!

Posted by honestreviews1 on Apr 23, 2013

Great for making my periods regular after I stopped taking hormonal BC pills. However, you have to be consistent in taking this. Takes time to take effect, but it's so worth it.

Keeps My Period Like Clockwork

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Sep 15, 2012

When I am healthy, I have a 25 day cycle, and Vitex, taken per instructions on this bottle, keeps me right. Without it, I experience midcycle spotting (or full bleeding), extended menstruation (up to 17 days once), and delayed periods and hormonal fluctuations which create other issues. I recommend Vitex to any of my lady friends experiencing cycle problems to bring them into balance.

Absolutely luv Vitex. . .

Posted by 5133894053919436251 on Jun 08, 2015

No seriously, this product has been so helpful. I had a menstrual cycle that was content to stay around forever and even after it was gone, there was lots of spotting. Vitex definitely makes a huge difference in my female health. It stopped all spotting which has been wonderful for intimacy with the hubby. I really feel like it helps day to day with my health and I feel a lot more balanced on it. The number one complaint I've noticed is a huge lack of sleep. I've always had trouble sleeping but the Vitex tends to kick my insomnia into overdrive. However, I am just content to find something to balance the insomnia problem. My faith in this product is so strong that I can't imagine going off of it.

got pregnant after 3 months!

Posted by 4857152115001127732 on Jul 27, 2014

did not know anything about vitex before and never ordered it, i think Iherb.com sent it to me by mistake in march 2014 with my order. i read reviews and decided to try as was trying to conceive 3 years, started to take on 10 Mar 3 capsules per day and on 10 Jun found out that I am pregnant, now I am 11 weeks. thanks God and thank you iherb.com for your mistake :)

So far so good....

Posted by Reviewer1526505 on Sep 14, 2010

I have only been taking this product for about two weeks and so far I think it has helped my mood. I have not noticed much else but I know it takes a while for it to really work...so we'll see what happens.