Navitas Naturals, Raw Chocolate Cacao Nibs, , 16 oz (454 g)

Good quality but it tastes like red wine, bitter.

Posted by ireneh From Australia on Aug 11, 2011

I loved the raw chocolate powder so much so I decided to give the nibs a try. Sadly they were not entirely to my liking as they taste like red wine. I hope they are better if grounded up and used in a recipe.. haven't tried this yet. Nutrition content is wonderful though, so if u like red wine. Go for it!:)

Good snack and additive to your desserts!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 25, 2012

I liked all Navitas products, that I tried in general. These nibs are not an exception for being just perfect. You need just a little of them to make your dessert fun, so this pack will last you for long long time! I have my favorite dessert with this product: 1-2 bananas, shreded dried coconuts, raisins and coconut nibs..... mmmmm perfect and very fast breakfast .

I'm pleasantly surprised

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife From Florida on Jan 08, 2008

This brand far surpasses the Sunfoods brand, which is much more expensive. I really love these cacao nibs blended into various recipes. You have to do cacao nibs right in order to enjoy them, actually because by themselves, oh please, yeah right. I read somewhere that the benefits of cacao are multiplied or unleashed, if you will, when you heat it. Makes sense because that's how these bitter beans become "da bomb." One way is to heat up oat bran and add them, after being grinded in a coffee grinder, in with a sweetener (very, very important). I use NuNaturals pure stevia extract. Then you can add whatever else you like, e.g., protein powder or blueberries.

I would order this again

Posted by Reviewer2897925 From Tennessee on Mar 15, 2008

This is a fine product and it is a bit bitter if eaten raw. I recommend you mix it with coconut and agave. This is not for the faint of heart.

Wonderful raw cocoa!

Posted by Queenbee From Singapore on Apr 26, 2010

This raw cocoa taste good. I make it hot and add a little almond powder. I am addicted to it already. It is a mood lifter. The raw cocoa nibs also taste very good. I also add a teaspoon to my hot cocoa drink.