Holy bitter chocolate batman!

Posted by 4946635757623497603 on Nov 17, 2013

When I made my purchase of the products, I was looking for something exotic to throw into my basket here, and boy did I find a winner. I had initially thought cacao, the origin of chocolate, and I knew from what I read that untreated chocolate is quite bitter, but it had not prepared me for the loving combination of flavors that I can lovingly through experience akin to the perfect blending of pine tree bark mixed with bakers chocolate. The bitterness from just a few nibs, which mind you are about the size of mini chocolate chips. were enough to deter anyone else in my household to assist me on the consumption of these things. And despite the energy and benefits the food provides, I find myself afraid to finish more than a few pinches a day. It is certainly something worth a health nut's diet, but chocolate lovers beware, this is not your normal meal. I will however likely purchase it again, due to the time that when I see it next and am out of what I currently have, I will likely have forgotten the flavor. Cest le vive.

sour!!!

Posted by Reviewer2229629 on Jan 19, 2012

i'm disappointed that the beans are so sour. i was looking for something more bitter.

Consistency

Posted by 5652245761243886250 on Apr 17, 2013

The bad thing about Nativa's products is their consistency. Sometimes fresh, sometimes very bad. I can not stand this any more. Switching to Frontier's nibs.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1613633 on Oct 25, 2011

Hard, bitter, tasteless.

Not what I was expecting...

Posted by Reviewer2774490 on May 05, 2013

Granted, I meant to order sweetened nibs. I tried these as it was my mistake. I don't know about anyone else but it tasted and felt like I had just eaten CHEMICALS. My mouth was even tingling. Maybe they are supposed to taste this way.... I can't imagine how to use these in a recipe. I promptly gave the bag away.

ok not great

Posted by Reviewer2882422 on Oct 03, 2012

expensive

Good snack and additive to your desserts!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 25, 2012

I liked all Navitas products, that I tried in general. These nibs are not an exception for being just perfect. You need just a little of them to make your dessert fun, so this pack will last you for long long time! I have my favorite dessert with this product: 1-2 bananas, shreded dried coconuts, raisins and coconut nibs..... mmmmm perfect and very fast breakfast .

I'm pleasantly surprised

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Jan 08, 2008

This brand far surpasses the Sunfoods brand, which is much more expensive. I really love these cacao nibs blended into various recipes. You have to do cacao nibs right in order to enjoy them, actually because by themselves, oh please, yeah right. I read somewhere that the benefits of cacao are multiplied or unleashed, if you will, when you heat it. Makes sense because that's how these bitter beans become "da bomb." One way is to heat up oat bran and add them, after being grinded in a coffee grinder, in with a sweetener (very, very important). I use NuNaturals pure stevia extract. Then you can add whatever else you like, e.g., protein powder or blueberries.

I would order this again

Posted by Reviewer2897925 on Mar 15, 2008

This is a fine product and it is a bit bitter if eaten raw. I recommend you mix it with coconut and agave. This is not for the faint of heart.

Wonderful raw cocoa!

Posted by Queenbee on Apr 26, 2010

This raw cocoa taste good. I make it hot and add a little almond powder. I am addicted to it already. It is a mood lifter. The raw cocoa nibs also taste very good. I also add a teaspoon to my hot cocoa drink.