works well in baking

Posted by x-tine on Nov 08, 2010

I have had great results substituting dry sugar 1:1 with this this product; works well in cookies, brownies, muffins, etc., especially recipies that call for brown sugar. Palm sugar has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar and agave. And this product is certified organic too.

OK but not my favourite

Posted by 4670735421829090863 on Sep 29, 2013

This brand has a strange taste that I do not like, ordered other brands here at iherb and they are much better.

Awesome!

Posted by Reviewer1350062 on Feb 05, 2010

This is the best sugar I have tried so far and seriously, I have tried them all. I cannot seem to find out if this sugar contains Lauric Acid like coconut oil, but it doesn't cause my fungus rash to come back so I am sold. Essential for Thai cooking too.

Very tasty but it arrived open

Posted by SoleVeg on Oct 13, 2015

I liked the taste, but less than half of it was still in the bag when it arrived, as it was open and had spilled inside the box and made a mess when I opened the package. Maybe iHerb should consider shipping this item in bubble wrapping and in larger boxes where it isn't being squished by the other products.

밀크티용으로 구매

Posted by 5044176743274905195 on Sep 30, 2015

밀크티시럽 만들 때 사용하려고 구매했어요. 뭔가 설탕계의 미원같은 ㅋㅋ그런 감칠맛을 주는 설탕이더라고요 음료에 넣으면 맛이 살아나요 특히 밀크티나 커피에 넣음 음료가 맛있어집니다~~

Don't hesitate to try this!

Posted by ladyflipover on Nov 06, 2013

Such a wonderful tasting sugar! It has a beautiful caramel taste and doesn't make me sick like regular cane sugar.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Sep 15, 2013

Slightly less sweet than white or brown sugar, and very fragrant. I use it for all confections/desserts ... cookies, muffins, sweet rice puddings, cakes, etc. Great with oat porridge. Simply divine with all coconut stuff - sprinkle some over Artisana coconut puree and you will know what I mean!

Not as sweet as honey

Posted by Reviewer2131791 on Sep 14, 2010

I have enjoyed using palm sugar in my coffee. Used some in pancake batter as well. I am hopeful to use it a in place of sugar or honey because of the mineral and B vitamin content.

sugar replacement

Posted by Reviewer1396338 on Aug 19, 2010

I use this instead of regular organic cane sugar in my coffee because regular sugar makes me crash. I guess it's a hormone problem. This has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar, so if you have blood sugar problems, this won't spike you like regular sugar does. I like it, and i-herb is cheaper than the local health food store.

Very Nice!

Posted by MikeMember on Feb 12, 2011

This is an amazing form of sugar with almost a caramel flavor. I would think it would be good for candy-making, but haven't tried it yet.