Amazing!

Posted by Reviewer2648278 on Dec 26, 2011

I am a regular customer of i.herb but this is the first time i have been so impressed with a supplement that i wanted to spread the word. I have been for a great deal of my life hormonally out of balance, been to conventional doctors, alternative doctors and none were able to help me telling me that my hormones were all ok, although i felt most of the time lousy, im now 45 and perimenopausal. I had used maca powders before, but either i didnt use them long enough for them to take effect or i was missing the effects of the gelatinized version. I have been taking 1 teaspoon of this for the last 6 weeks and i feel ''balanced'' for the first time in my entire life,putting weight on in all the right places and nowhere else, improved sleep, mood and energy. Im over the moon!!

Lorena

Posted by Reviewer1656390 on Dec 22, 2007

Nothing beats this product for dealing with vaginal dryness and other hormone imbalance symptoms. I mean, this stuff makes you really ready to go with your man!

Keeps me Going!

Posted by 4613142442863848488 on Nov 10, 2012

I have tried ordinary Maca powder from a different brand, it was okay, but I find this Gelatinized version gentler on the stomach. It has balanced my hormones out and has given me more energy to utilise during the day, without affecting my sleep pattern. Would buy again.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Maca is an adaptogen that is well known to increase libido for both men/women without affecting hormones. It helps to increase sperm count and motility, improve immunity, nutrient dense (rich in amino acid, phytonutrients, healthy fats, vitamin and minerals), nourishes the endocrine system, balances the hormones relieve exhausted adrenal glands which help to handle stress, increase energy levels, improve physical endurance and elevates our mood. This product is organic (no pesticides), kosher, vegan and raw (means that vitamins and enzymes are not destroyed by heat). This is the gelatinized version as you don't get the starch (carbo), meaning you get more of the the important nutrients as well. The good point is that it only cost slightly more! Maca has a sweet and slight root taste. I consider it pleasant tasting. It’s a good price for 454g of maca. Personally, I find that the libido boost and energy boost is quite observant. This is a good way to take maca as well as compared to those capsules of 500mg or tablets of 1000mg (seriously low in dosage). I like to mix with chocolate based blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate to drink. I probably can feel the boost more with this gelatinized maca as compared to normal maca. My only complaint is that the zip lock tears off easily so you will require a container unless the powder will cake. Check out my page for more reviews!

This is the best way to have maca

Posted by Reviewer3237759 on Dec 20, 2014

No tummy issues with this cool gelatinized powder. fantastic stuff! i use it in smoothies. Updated December 2014 - i've come back to order more and see the price has more than doubled!!!!??? What the???? Is there a global maca shortage or something? Can't afford to buy more at this price

Gelatinized Maca is better in absorption

Posted by RubiesHealth on Dec 07, 2011

Though gelatinized Maca is more expensive than the organic version, it is worth it. We love the aroma n taste. It is malty n a litte sweet, like most ginseng. We mix a teaspoon with 2tsp of barley grass powder before pouring in the water. This way it won't clump that much. Good absorption half hour or more before breakfast. See result in men faster that women - better stamina in all physical activities. Unless post-menopause, women generally need a few months for menstrual pattern to adjust. May experience temporary pms.

daily staple

Posted by Reviewer2032887 on Mar 23, 2009

I take this daily and feel it really balances my horomones (female). I have a noticeable difference when I take it. The quality is excellent.

I love the taste

Posted by Reviewer3334210 on Apr 16, 2009

One of the best products I've ever purchased. Increases a body temperature after digesting.

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it.*****

Posted by Reviewer1668823 on Mar 04, 2011

I found that this product is more potent and works better than the Maca capsules.