Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw Maca Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 5-star

Ancient Incas' best kept secret.

Posted by Leione on Jul 16, 2014

Maca root is truly a superfood. 100 grams of it contain a whopping 475% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C, 300% of copper, 85% of iron, 57% of pota ssium and vitamin B6, 39% of manganese, 29% of dietary fiber, protein, and niacin, 25% of calcium, 21% of riboflavin, as well as essential amino acids and phytosterols. Such a unique composition makes maca root a powerful endocrine system regulator, adaptogen, stress relieving and immune system boosting agent. No surprise it was revered by the ancient Incas. Maca root is great for treating hormone imbalances, hypothyroidism, low energy levels, anemia, menopause and menstrual disorders, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, stress, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, leukemia, tuberculosis, stomach cancer, infertility, and even HIV/AIDS. Maca root contains unique alkaloids that stimulate the hypothalamus and pituitary gland to better balance the entire endocrine system, boost and strengthen the immune system, increase energy levels, relieve the symptoms of stress and depression, help maintain healthy bones, joints, teeth, and even reduce the risk of cancer. But maca root is a very powerful product and can cause side effects in some individuals, so it should be taken in moderation. It is a fiber-rich vegetable composed of 25% fibers (oligosaccahrides, cellulose, lignins) and contains goitrogens (goitrogenic glycosides, or glucosinolates), which have some anti-nutritive effects and can cause stomach cramps, indigestion, and thyroid and hormonal issues in people with hormone-sensitive conditions, such as breast, uterine, or ovarian cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids. These goitrogens are neutralized by cooking (in Peru it's always cooked) or starch gelatinization, which makes maca root powder a slightly concentrated and easily digestible product. Starch gelatinization is a simple process that involves heating starches in the presence of water, with the aim of gelatinizing the starches. Gelatinization of maca powder involves gentle heat combined with water, which opens up the starch molecules, softens cellulose and disperses many of the soluble fibers. In addition to making maca's alkaloids more bioavailable, it also deactivates myrosinase enzyme, making it so the goitrogens in maca are not metabolized. So, if you're prone to indigestion and stomach cramps, it's best to try the gelatinized version of this product. This organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free raw maca powder really works for me: since I started taking a teaspoon of this product daily, I haven't noticed any side effects, and it makes me more active and energetic. It has a slightly bitter taste, but goes well with yogurt, smoothies, shakes, cereal, granola, tea, coffee, chocolate, and great in cookies, pancakes, and muffins. Maca's flavor blends well with different fruits, berries, nuts, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. I would definitely recommend it. It's worth trying.

Awesome!

Posted by Reviewer1189637 on Nov 21, 2011

I got pregnant after 18 months of infertility due to pcos using vitex and maca from navitus naturals the fist month. I feel that these products helped even though all the thanks is to God! I used the Macau in yogurt and oatmeal. The taste is tolerable.

Lifesaver

Posted by Reviewer1374446 on Apr 23, 2008

My hormones were completely wrecked! Adrenal/cortisol imbalance, hypothyroidism, and after 4 years my hot flashes had come back! - I've taken this stuff for only 3 weeks now and can tell an absolutely DRAMATIC difference in the way I feel. I'm starting to feel great again and the hot flashes have diminished by about 90%. I can't wait to get to the endocrinologist to see my bloodwork test results. I expect I'll be taking this product the rest of my life. I'm so thankful I've found it!

The WOW Factor!

Posted by Reviewer2678051 on Nov 08, 2009

I have been religiously using this powder for about one month now. After a week, I noticed an upswing in libido. I purchased this product, in addition to natural progesterone cream, to regulate my hormonal imbalance-I'm estrogen dominant-and it really has balanced my levels. At that time of month for many years I would experience the migraines, neck and back aches; but now this has substantially decreased and I no longer experience the migraines, neck and back aches. I do experience a slight headache that usually lasts about 20 minutes--but again no migraines and for me that is a GREAT relief to not suffer continuously for days. I would recommend this product and give it about two to three months to really feel a difference.

It's very good for me

Posted by Reviewer2719565 on Nov 22, 2008

I am a 55 y.o. woman in New Zealand. It helps with my hot flushes. If I don't take it one day, I feel the difference. It does give me energy, I believe. I take 1 teaspoon every morning, and I can sleep better also.