Great results but some side effects.

Posted by jakuta on Nov 22, 2009

I have been taking this product for about two weeks and have noticed many positive effects on my overall health. I've noticed marked improvement in stamina and a sustained level of alertness and energy throughout the day unlike a quick spike then fall with other stimulants like coffee. In addition, I've noticed less water retention (probably due to balancing of hormonal levels) and an increase in sexual virility. Also muscle strength and fatigue seemed to improve after moderate exercise. These results lead me to believe that Maca has a positive effect on testosterone production. For the most part I am pleased with this product's results. However, this product gave me lots of gas and constipation. Not a good sign when introducing a new supplement or food to your diet. I tried decreasing the dosage to half a teaspoon but to no avail. I did a little research and found that the indigenous people of South America who use Maca almost never eat it raw but in some cooked form. A Ha! I then cooked a bit of the Maca powder on the stove with some water and made a sort of paste which I then added to smoothies. I still had some gas and constipation but this seemed to lessen a bit. However, by cooking the powder, it gave the Maca a chemical smell that I found unappealing. So in conclusion, if you have a sensitive digestive system like me you may want to try an extractive form of Maca like I will be doing or add this powder to cooked recipes (i.e cookies, hot cereal). This raw form of Maca has a butterscotch smell and taste to it. *One final note* Refrigeration of this product, although not recommended on the package, might be a good idea. I gave a friend a small amount to try in a Ziploc bag and he informed me that in a few days it had molded and he had to discard it.

Seems ok

Posted by Reviewer2835325 on May 29, 2010

This product is a good Maca product, but Maca causes me to have break outs all over my chest. So I had to discontinue taking it. I was hoping it was only the pill version that caused the break outs, but this version did as well. I really enjoy the benefits of Maca for my hormonal issues, but can't deal with the breakouts. Its weird, because it clears my face, but causes breakouts on my body.

Average

Posted by serenesayyian on Jan 29, 2014

The taste takes some getting used to, but I don't really feel that there's much of a difference in my energy and vitality.

it works but tastes badly

Posted by Mrsfireball on Aug 17, 2014

Apparently, it works. But the taste....yuck! (unless you like taste of grass) Now I mix it w/ my morning coffee. Not sure if the caffeine would undermine its effect but I really can't drink as it is and I don't have time to make a smoothies especially for it.

ok

Posted by 4993552318842562156 on Jun 10, 2016

ok

good but bitter

Posted by Reviewer1043376 on Mar 23, 2010

Its likely supposed to be bitter, but I"m having trouble eating it in yogurt without a bit of sweetner. May try it with hot water to be a coffee like drink

Still using it.

Posted by Reviewer2739249 on Feb 14, 2011

Can't feel any different.

My first time trying Maca

Posted by Reviewer1350062 on Aug 06, 2010

All I can say is the taste must take some acquiring...hopefully I get the benefits, but I can only down it in a smoothie.

Maca wakka

Posted by Reviewer1981795 on Sep 04, 2010

I'm sure its good for my body, but I just can't handle the taste. Maca capsules - here I come!

good so far

Posted by Reviewer1843361 on Sep 27, 2010

i'm glad iherb has this product. great product at great price!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »