yummmm

Posted by Reviewer2746709 on Oct 17, 2007

I have liked the conversations I have had with these people about their product, and I trust it more than some others. Have been using maca daily for over a year, and I think it has helped a lot with menstrual issues and stamina. I love the taste and use it in smoothies and puddings and such.

steady improvement

Posted by savourysue on Aug 05, 2012

So far this product is playing a small part in sustaining good energy levels for me throughout the day. Along with a predominantly plant-based diet you will notice that you will voluntarily want to exercise, which is a step in the right direction for me.

Great results but some side effects.

Posted by jakuta on Nov 22, 2009

I have been taking this product for about two weeks and have noticed many positive effects on my overall health. I've noticed marked improvement in stamina and a sustained level of alertness and energy throughout the day unlike a quick spike then fall with other stimulants like coffee. In addition, I've noticed less water retention (probably due to balancing of hormonal levels) and an increase in sexual virility. Also muscle strength and fatigue seemed to improve after moderate exercise. These results lead me to believe that Maca has a positive effect on testosterone production. For the most part I am pleased with this product's results. However, this product gave me lots of gas and constipation. Not a good sign when introducing a new supplement or food to your diet. I tried decreasing the dosage to half a teaspoon but to no avail. I did a little research and found that the indigenous people of South America who use Maca almost never eat it raw but in some cooked form. A Ha! I then cooked a bit of the Maca powder on the stove with some water and made a sort of paste which I then added to smoothies. I still had some gas and constipation but this seemed to lessen a bit. However, by cooking the powder, it gave the Maca a chemical smell that I found unappealing. So in conclusion, if you have a sensitive digestive system like me you may want to try an extractive form of Maca like I will be doing or add this powder to cooked recipes (i.e cookies, hot cereal). This raw form of Maca has a butterscotch smell and taste to it. *One final note* Refrigeration of this product, although not recommended on the package, might be a good idea. I gave a friend a small amount to try in a Ziploc bag and he informed me that in a few days it had molded and he had to discard it.

Yummy and effective

Posted by Indigo on May 30, 2008

I first started taking Maca several years ago when I learned it helped with energy/stamina and hormonal issues. I had amenorrhea for years and maca brought my menstrual cycle back! And it's been bang-on every month ever since! I haven't felt much of an energy boost however (I found coconut oil worked here for me!) but I will continue to take Maca since it's definitely made a difference in my hormonal balance! I also looove the taste! I use it like a condiment, sprinkling it liberally over eggs, veggies, anything savory! Navitas scores big points with me because it works and tastes just as good as other higher priced Maca powders!

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2861994 on Apr 04, 2009

This maca powder has been great for me in managing my menopause. I no longer need to take flax seed oil or progesterone cream. One quarter teaspoon in a glass of juice in the morning and I am ready for the day. No more hot flashes, sweats or moods. And my energy level is higher than it's ever been.

Ann

Posted by Reviewer2640277 on Jul 11, 2009

This is a real power food. would recommend

Wonder powder

Posted by Reviewer1841961 on Oct 12, 2009

I was told to use this for fatigue, trouble sleeping and endocrine support. This stuff is the bomb and everyone I know has had some benefit from it. I sneak it into brownies and oaty things I bake. I make capsules for my hubby - he does better in the afternoons and sleeps better. So do I. No one is complaining about the added libido activity either.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer2766586 on Feb 25, 2010

Maca is usually spoken to have an effect after a few weeks. I felt that effect 45 minutes after my first dose. It's really effective. Absolutely recommended.

Price increase

Posted by Reviewer1579016 on Dec 28, 2014

Great product but the price went up from $20 to $49.99 .....Unreal price increase in one year!

Love Maca! what happened to the price??

Posted by 4983359831277978431 on Apr 04, 2015

This is an amazing super food that I love using everyday in my supplementation. But what happened to the price ? Last time I paid 19 for the 454 g and now it jumped to 49?? I love the product but a 150% increase?