Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw, 16 oz (454 g)

The WOW Factor!

Posted by Reviewer2678051 on Nov 08, 2009

I have been religiously using this powder for about one month now. After a week, I noticed an upswing in libido. I purchased this product, in addition to natural progesterone cream, to regulate my hormonal imbalance-I'm estrogen dominant-and it really has balanced my levels. At that time of month for many years I would experience the migraines, neck and back aches; but now this has substantially decreased and I no longer experience the migraines, neck and back aches. I do experience a slight headache that usually lasts about 20 minutes--but again no migraines and for me that is a GREAT relief to not suffer continuously for days. I would recommend this product and give it about two to three months to really feel a difference.

It's very good for me

Posted by Reviewer2719565 on Nov 22, 2008

I am a 55 y.o. woman in New Zealand. It helps with my hot flushes. If I don't take it one day, I feel the difference. It does give me energy, I believe. I take 1 teaspoon every morning, and I can sleep better also.

Found an answer to the Price Spike. . .

Posted by Reviewer1094600 on Feb 18, 2015

From a news post on a website that specializing in selling Maca== Here's what they said: Prices Soar As Maca Roots Are Smuggled Out Of Peru== Troubling Times For The Global Maca Market== In early July 2014 as we prepared to purchase some freshly harvested Maca from our farming co-operative in Peru we were greeted with some troubling news. Our supplier told us that the price of Maca was rising quickly due to unprecedented demand from Asian and, in particular, Chinese buyers. We quickly became aware of the extent of this new demand when we were quoted prices nearly double the previous market price. At that time we submitted our purchase order at the new prices. Shockingly a message came back to us a few days later that the prices had doubled yet again and would likely continue to rise. Thanks to our deep connections with various Maca suppliers in Peru and the U.S. we discovered that everyone in the Maca trade is experiencing prices 4 and 5 times higher than normal. Here’s part of an email we received from one of our suppliers a couple weeks ago: “Unfortunately maca situation maintains and we don’t have maca back in stock or to be delivered. Currently maca price on farms are still increasing and now they are 100% more than 2 weeks ago.” And another: “Prices are going up almost every week due to the high demand from the Chinese.” Since our only focus is Organic Peruvian Maca we had to find out what is happening. What’s Causing Maca Prices to Go So High This Year? We’ve discovered that Chinese nationals are coming into Peru posing as tourists. They approach Maca farmers directly in their fields with suitcases full of cash and offer them 4-8 times market rate for their products. The farmers have been taking the money, even when it means breaking contracts they have had with Peruvian national producers who have supported them for decades. It’s certainly easy to question the ethics of this tactic, but the Chinese are going even further by illegally smuggling whole Maca roots and seeds out of the country. Here’s how one of our contacts in Peru put it a couple of days ago: “Maca is not allowed by our government to be exported as raw material (fresh product without being processed) because it can be used as a seed in other countries, and this is a product considered to be native to Peru and our government tries to maintain it as such. However, the Chinese are taking the product fresh out of our country illegally through our country’s borders with Bolivia and Ecuador. This problem was shown on national TV yesterday. Our government is increasing control, and I hope they manage to be successful and stop the Chinese from doing this.”. . .. . . . . So, please don't blame iHerb.

yummmm

Posted by Reviewer2746709 on Oct 17, 2007

I have liked the conversations I have had with these people about their product, and I trust it more than some others. Have been using maca daily for over a year, and I think it has helped a lot with menstrual issues and stamina. I love the taste and use it in smoothies and puddings and such.

steady improvement

Posted by savourysue on Aug 05, 2012

So far this product is playing a small part in sustaining good energy levels for me throughout the day. Along with a predominantly plant-based diet you will notice that you will voluntarily want to exercise, which is a step in the right direction for me.