Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw, 16 oz (454 g)

steady improvement

Posted by savourysue on Aug 05, 2012

So far this product is playing a small part in sustaining good energy levels for me throughout the day. Along with a predominantly plant-based diet you will notice that you will voluntarily want to exercise, which is a step in the right direction for me.

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it .

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2861994 on Apr 04, 2009

This maca powder has been great for me in managing my menopause. I no longer need to take flax seed oil or progesterone cream. One quarter teaspoon in a glass of juice in the morning and I am ready for the day. No more hot flashes, sweats or moods. And my energy level is higher than it's ever been.

Ann

Posted by Reviewer2640277 on Jul 11, 2009

This is a real power food. would recommend

Wonder powder

Posted by Reviewer1841961 on Oct 12, 2009

I was told to use this for fatigue, trouble sleeping and endocrine support. This stuff is the bomb and everyone I know has had some benefit from it. I sneak it into brownies and oaty things I bake. I make capsules for my hubby - he does better in the afternoons and sleeps better. So do I. No one is complaining about the added libido activity either.