Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw, 16 oz (454 g)

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it .

Yummy and effective

Posted by Reviewer2460963 on May 30, 2008

I first started taking Maca several years ago when I learned it helped with energy/stamina and hormonal issues. I had amenorrhea for years and maca brought my menstrual cycle back! And it's been bang-on every month ever since! I haven't felt much of an energy boost however (I found coconut oil worked here for me!) but I will continue to take Maca since it's definitely made a difference in my hormonal balance! I also looove the taste! I use it like a condiment, sprinkling it liberally over eggs, veggies, anything savory! Navitas scores big points with me because it works and tastes just as good as other higher priced Maca powders!

Great results but some side effects.

Posted by jakuta on Nov 22, 2009

I have been taking this product for about two weeks and have noticed many positive effects on my overall health. I've noticed marked improvement in stamina and a sustained level of alertness and energy throughout the day unlike a quick spike then fall with other stimulants like coffee. In addition, I've noticed less water retention (probably due to balancing of hormonal levels) and an increase in sexual virility. Also muscle strength and fatigue seemed to improve after moderate exercise. These results lead me to believe that Maca has a positive effect on testosterone production. For the most part I am pleased with this product's results. However, this product gave me lots of gas and constipation. Not a good sign when introducing a new supplement or food to your diet. I tried decreasing the dosage to half a teaspoon but to no avail. I did a little research and found that the indigenous people of South America who use Maca almost never eat it raw but in some cooked form. A Ha! I then cooked a bit of the Maca powder on the stove with some water and made a sort of paste which I then added to smoothies. I still had some gas and constipation but this seemed to lessen a bit. However, by cooking the powder, it gave the Maca a chemical smell that I found unappealing. So in conclusion, if you have a sensitive digestive system like me you may want to try an extractive form of Maca like I will be doing or add this powder to cooked recipes (i.e cookies, hot cereal). This raw form of Maca has a butterscotch smell and taste to it. *One final note* Refrigeration of this product, although not recommended on the package, might be a good idea. I gave a friend a small amount to try in a Ziploc bag and he informed me that in a few days it had molded and he had to discard it.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2861994 on Apr 04, 2009

This maca powder has been great for me in managing my menopause. I no longer need to take flax seed oil or progesterone cream. One quarter teaspoon in a glass of juice in the morning and I am ready for the day. No more hot flashes, sweats or moods. And my energy level is higher than it's ever been.

Ann

Posted by Reviewer2640277 on Jul 11, 2009

This is a real power food. would recommend