Maca all the way

Posted by Reviewer2415729 on Nov 03, 2014

Great fine quality powder.

great

Posted by 5312848387376049907 on Oct 17, 2014

delivery and maca are good.

Just started..

Posted by 4757529252653755557 on Oct 06, 2014

Have just startes using this, will update later.

Maca

Posted by 4698366384269017508 on Sep 25, 2014

I use every fall and winter maca: 3 weeks maca, one week off. So I get extra energy when it's cold and dark.

Great product

Posted by 4758008711358699533 on Sep 19, 2014

I was used to consuming maca in soft caps. I was a bit scared that the taste would not be very nice. It smells and tastes ok. I mix it with Navitas raw cacao powder for a very energizing hot chocolate. It will become a staple in my pantry.

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it .

Fast Service

Posted by Reviewer1067418 on Sep 06, 2014

Although I could have bought this from the health food store for the same price I liked the convenience of front door delivery. Product helps with some of my hormonal deficiencies.

it works but tastes badly

Posted by Mrsfireball on Aug 17, 2014

Apparently, it works. But the taste....yuck! (unless you like taste of grass) Now I mix it w/ my morning coffee. Not sure if the caffeine would undermine its effect but I really can't drink as it is and I don't have time to make a smoothies especially for it.

not sure

Posted by 4739640799372770077 on Aug 14, 2014

seems to work

really works!

Posted by 4992735864030155608 on Aug 06, 2014

I have only been taking this maca powder for 2 weeks, but I noticed the effects immediatelly! I get a nice smooth natural feeling energy from this that lasts all day. I also feel very happy and always in a good mood when taking it. I have regular bowel movements (which is usually a problem for me), and I actually crave healthy food instead of junk food when taking maca, plus my appetite is reduced. The only negative effect (thus 4 star review) is that I do have trouble falling asleep at night when using this product, even though I only use it in the morning and only use 1/2 tsp per day. I am usually very sensitive to stimulants and have trouble falling asleep even if I don't take maca, but with maca it was even worse. I like the taste of it, it kind of tastes like horlicks. It is super tasty mixed with vanilla soy milk and coconut sugar. But I usually make it into a maca-matcha latte (using matcha green tea powder). This combo gives me the best effect, although the matcha might be contributing to the insomnia. It's funny how the same product can have totally different effects on different people. My husband can take 1 tablespoon and not feel much at all and not have any trouble sleeping. It's worth trying and seeing if your body agrees with it.