This product is heat treated to prevent sprouting.

• Customer Ratings

Ancient Aztecs' best kept secret.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014

Chia seeds are truly a superfood. One ounce (about two tablespoons) of chia seeds provides a whopping 11 grams of fiber (45% of the recommended daily intake), 14% of the recommended daily intake of iron, 18% of calcium, 24% of magnesium, 27% of phosphorus, 30% of manganese 14% of zinc, not to mention that they're naturally gluten free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. But that's not all: chia seeds are one of the best vegetable sources of protein (one ounce provides 7 grams, 10% of the RDI) and vitamins B1, B2, B3 (about 20% of the RDI in one ounce) and the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids (5 grams in one ounce, the RDI is 3-4 grams), and unlike flaxseeds, they can be eaten whole and don't need to be ground. It comes as no surprise that chia seeds are packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and many other diseases and conditions: they stabilize blood sugar, regulate insulin levels and prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth. I'm in love with chia seeds. They normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, help my acid reflux and gastritis and keep me full for a long time stabilizing my blood sugar. I add them everywhere: from oatmeal and cereal to different recipes. When soaked for a few minutes, chia seeds develop a gelatinous coating and produce a nutritious and almost tasteless gel which is a great cholesterol free binding agent that can be used instead of eggs and won't affect the flavor of any food. One of the best products on iHerb, hands down.

.....How to use Chia Seeds???

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

To get the most out of Chia, make Chia Gel. It's one part Chia Seeds to 9 parts water. I make it in a jar (shake or stir until the seeds begin to suspend in the gel) and keep it in the refrigerator. It creates a thick gel that you can add to most anything and it doesn't change the flavor. There's lots of info on the Web. Have a look! Chia seeds are phenomenal. . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

A staple in my pantry

Posted by Reviewer1879747 on Dec 27, 2009

I like to add a big spoon of this to my breakfast or yogurt -- sustaining, and helps regulate my GI system. Amazing seeds. I learned about chia seeds from the book, "Born to Run," about the Tarahumura tribe, who subsist on these seeds during marathons.

Not Mamma Chia

Posted by Reviewer1285296 on Dec 16, 2011

I have to say, buying your own Chia seeds and mixing them with juice yourself makes a lot more economic sense then paying $3-$4 a bottle for the same thing. As with all Navitas products I've used, quality and freshness are excellent.

Delcious and Nutricious

Posted by thehealthyhappywoman on Jan 13, 2011

These are high quality and super nutritious. There's really not any flavor to them, so you can add them to soups, stews, smoothies, etc. without them affecting the flavor.

Good for you

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on May 11, 2012

Mixed into smoothies with a stick blender, they are tasteless, but do not completely disappear. Not a bad thing...just a little lumpy. You can make pudding with these, by soaking them in liquids... they gelatinize after a bit.

the best for my tummy

Posted by Reviewer3166387 on Nov 07, 2011

leaves you feeling full and energetic, very gentle towards my tummy (that can go IBS on me with bad foods and stress). Really love it, will buy again

Can be used in almost everything and full of omega-3 fatty acids

Posted by Click-here-to-save-money on May 18, 2013

High quality chia seeds. These are nice and fresh and chia seeds are a healthy supplement to my diet. I don't eat near as much fish as I should, so a spoonful in my breakfast, over a salad and in a smoothie takes care of that (apparently 3½ tablespoons of chia seeds contain as much omega-3s as a 32-ounce piece of salmon!).

Good chia seeds

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Aug 06, 2011

Mix with water or almond milk, stevia & raw cacao powder. Let sit a few minutes. This forms almost a chocolate pudding type of dish, kind of a gel. Great to take before a workout or long run.

great product and best prices!

Posted by Reviewer2648017 on Dec 19, 2011

iherb has the best prices for chia seeds, and a tablespoon or two of these powerful little things in my green smoothies help keep me full for hours. all the way till lunch!