not for me

Posted by Reviewer2513376 on Nov 21, 2009

did not clear my stubborn skin, but I now use for prevention of acne.

Very drying!

Posted by ecohome on Jan 22, 2015

I bought this based on the large number of great reviews. I am currently suffering from adult onset acne which I am almost certain is caused hormonally. With a recent change in diet (eating predominantly plant based and higher nutrients, low to minimal sugar, reduced dairy etc) my acne is still going. It flares up for two weeks every month and seeing as it started during my pregnancy (and hasn't stopped) then it seems to point to hormones. I wanted to use the gel to manage the pimples and speed up healing and although they are not deep and cystic I can get quite a few per day (on the worse days). I still can not gauge how effective the gel is. It is extremely drying however, so I find it important to exfoliate more often and use a rich moisturiser (maybe for young over oily skin it may not be as noticeable). I think it may work to shorten the duration of the blemish but the formula is high in alcohol and used long term I would be a little concerned to the damage it may cause skin. A little does go a long way and I apply only on the blemish area. When the acne is not active I take a break to give my skin a rest. I plan to try something else after finishing this tube. ### After months of use i would say the gel does help to speed up drying out and healing but i still maintain it is very drying for skin and only use it when acne is flaring (in small amounts).

Not sure yet

Posted by Hugo-iH on Aug 23, 2015

This seems to have an effect on smaller acne. If you just get some spots once in a while it might be what you need. It leaves a nice cold & refreshing feeling on your face as well.

Average

Posted by Aishteru85 on Jun 07, 2013

Compared to a tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide this stuff is very mild. Doesn't dry out my skin. Dries my active pimple only slightly. Overall, I'd stick to my bp or tea tree oil.

so so

Posted by Reviewer1762882 on Sep 17, 2008

i don't think it helps me too much. but topicals never do. seems to have a decent amount of tea tree. applies nicely, no residue or colour.

average

Posted by Reviewer2480887 on May 14, 2008

O.K. no overnight results but I need to put some type of treatment on active pimples

Did not help my breakouts

Posted by CombinationEczema on Nov 01, 2013

My boyfriend and myself both have occasional breakouts, so I was looking for a product that could help heal the blemishes faster. However, Pure and Clear did NOT do the job. It comes in the form of a nice transparent gel but it has absolutely no effect. In addition, the product was poorly packaged, the box was torn and the metallic tube was crooked.

dont heal

Posted by EllEll on Sep 16, 2011

dont heal

Smells & feels nice but...

Posted by 5293214513969599987 on Apr 08, 2016

That's about it for me :/ I've been having hormonal acne on my chin for a few months now and this gel feels cooling and all but doesn't seem to do anything. Been using it for about a month maybe.

mmmmm

Posted by 5331312660623069502 on Aug 31, 2012

I thought this would be superstar for acne prone and pimple... Tho my skin turned MEGA RED in a second right after i applied......... crap