Nelson Bach USA, Pure & Clear, Acne Treatment Gel, Step 4, 1 oz (30 g)

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2513376 on Nov 21, 2009

did not clear my stubborn skin, but I now use for prevention of acne.

so so

Posted by Reviewer1762882 on Sep 17, 2008

i don't think it helps me too much. but topicals never do. seems to have a decent amount of tea tree. applies nicely, no residue or colour.

Average

Posted by Aishteru85 on Jun 07, 2013

Compared to a tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide this stuff is very mild. Doesn't dry out my skin. Dries my active pimple only slightly. Overall, I'd stick to my bp or tea tree oil.

Very drying!

Posted by ecohome on Jan 22, 2015

I bought this based on the large number of great reviews. I am currently suffering from adult onset acne which I am almost certain is caused hormonally. With a recent change in diet (eating predominantly plant based and higher nutrients, low to minimal sugar, reduced dairy etc) my acne is still going. It flares up for two weeks every month and seeing as it started during my pregnancy (and hasn't stopped) then it seems to point to hormones. I wanted to use the gel to manage the pimples and speed up healing and although they are not deep and cystic I can get quite a few per day (on the worse days). I still can not gauge how effective the gel is. It is extremely drying however, so I find it important to exfoliate more often and use a rich moisturiser (maybe for young over oily skin it may not be as noticeable). I think it may work to shorten the duration of the blemish but the formula is high in alcohol and used long term I would be a little concerned to the damage it may cause skin. A little does go a long way and I apply only on the blemish area. When the acne is not active I take a break to give my skin a rest. I plan to try something else after finishing this tube. ### After months of use i would say the gel does help to speed up drying out and healing but i still maintain it is very drying for skin and only use it when acne is flaring (in small amounts).

Did not help my breakouts

Posted by CombinationEczema on Nov 01, 2013

My boyfriend and myself both have occasional breakouts, so I was looking for a product that could help heal the blemishes faster. However, Pure and Clear did NOT do the job. It comes in the form of a nice transparent gel but it has absolutely no effect. In addition, the product was poorly packaged, the box was torn and the metallic tube was crooked.