Chronic Insomnia

Posted by Reviewer2438467 on Jul 14, 2011

Two of these capsules work for me along with some melatonin (5-20 mg up to you) and 150 mg of tryptophan. Up until then, plain GABA didn't work as the molecule is too large to pass the brain barrier. This product addresses that problem. Great product. Good luck. Worth trying. It works even better with prescription drugs that weren't working on their own.

this stuff is amazing

Posted by Reviewer2315305 on Apr 15, 2012

It doesn't help you go to sleep but if your problem is getting up earlier than you want and not being able to go back to sleep, Kavinace is a miracle. Everyone I've told about it has the same experience. The only problem is that unless you take it early enough, it can be a problem getting up when you want to.

Finally I sleep!

Posted by Reviewer2893437 on Dec 29, 2011

Years of not sleeping had taken their toll. I had all hormone levels checked and I was given Kavinace to take.No drugs,just Kavinace. My life has changed!

Wonderful Gift

Posted by Reviewer1858577 on Feb 25, 2013

It is a wonderful gift to have a lovely, peaceful night's sleep, and this product will do that most of the time. Sometimes I have to take 3 but there is no drugged feeling ever and it absolutely help your brain to stop running and allows you drift off to sleep. The price is high but what's a great night's sleep worth.

Great Stuff!!

Posted by 5059092172677183244 on Dec 28, 2014

Was finally able to cut back to 10mg of Lexapro, but 4 mos. later started experiencing a lot of daytime anxiety, and waking up every hour or so at night. Didn't want to up the Lexapro, and sure didn't want to have to go back to Xanax! A Friend suggested I try Kavinace, so I did. It worked like a miracle! After taking it for 3 or 4 days, one in the morning, and one at bedtime, the wretched anxiety was gone and I was getting a better night's sleep. For the last month, I only take it an hour before going to bed. I am juggling kids, job, and aging parents so much better now! It is very expensive, but I am figuring out how to make room in my budget for this stuff. It is worth a try to get your life back!!!

seems okay, but...

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Feb 07, 2012

I have been told by a D.O. that this form of GABA is the only one to cross the blood-brain barrier. However, since this product is a proprietary blend, there is no way of knowing how much is taurine and how much is GABA. I am taking it under doctor's orders but do not feel much of a difference.

Light version of ssri

Posted by 5130426922907944347 on Nov 25, 2012

I combine this with 5-htp and it works great. I suffer from depression and take this instead of ssri.

Helps me relax

Posted by 4910658462492757692 on Sep 18, 2014

I take two before sleep and I fall asleep much more easily, sleep longer, and awake rested.

Don't underestimate Kavinace

Posted by 5695668361962251007 on Oct 13, 2016

I've used Kavinace on and off for several years. I had trouble sleeping because of a torn rotator cuff and Kavinace did nothing to help at that time. After surgery and healing from that, Kavinace seemed to have the opposite effect for me and was too strong, making me sleepy all day long. I honestly can deal with being sleepy but after about two weeks of sleeping well I began to have headaches and had to discontinue it. My conclusion is that it's very inconsistent -- great when it's working the way I want it to but ultimately I can't keep using it. I go off of it for a while and then try it again. I would say it helps about 50 percent of the time.

Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer3111275 on Feb 18, 2012

Kavinace did not seem to reduce anxiety as effectively as I was expecting it would.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »