Doesn't work (for me) for insomnia

Posted by Reviewer3163705 on Jun 19, 2016

This came highly recommended by my friend who has the same insomnia issues I do. She swears by it. So even though it was $44, I purchased it. I have sleep maintenance insomnia that hits like a mac truck during the week before/of my period. And when I wake up after 4 hrs of sleep, even after taking this, and melatonin, I do not fall back asleep. So in essence this was completely ineffective for me. Money wasted. Don't get me wrong. Price is what you pay; value is what you get...if this would've worked for me, I would've happily continued buying this, regardless of the price. Back to the drawing board. ps- during these women times, nothing helps me go back to sleep: melatontin, calm magnesium powder, valerian root, doing meditation etc. Nothing. If anyone has anything that has worked for them, please let me know!

Didn't work for me.

Posted by 5284831276510002714 on Jul 03, 2016

I read that this product only works if you are low in the GABA neurotransmitter. I was so hopeful that it would. Sadly it only made the depression and anxiety worse and offered no sleepiness at all which I need for insomnia. I probably should have had my neurotransmitters tested first. I only took one pill to discover this. The Kavinace Ultra PM worked great for sleepiness but I reacted poorly to the 5HTP. I wish I could find a happy medium from this great company.