I rely on this for dealing with stress.

Posted by Reviewer1156637 on Nov 24, 2010

Great product. I love New Chapter. I take 2/day: one capsule in the morning and one in the evening. ... I can't think of a better product for stress. BTW, holy basil is also called Tulsi. Tulsi tea is very popular in the Indian subcontinent. I also use Tulsi Tea brand tea, which iHerb sells.

the best

Posted by Reviewer2144574 on Jul 13, 2011

Tried a whole bunch of Holy Basil products and this one has clearly been the best.

A lifesaver!

Posted by Reviewer3296142 on Sep 14, 2010

This past year has been incredibly stressful for me -- two close family members have passed away and my husband and I have separated pending divorce. A friend recommended Holy Basil and I have been taking it for about 6 months now. It helps me stay calm and focused dealing with my two children and lets me get through the work day without breaking down in tears as I was before. It doesn't make you feel "numb" or take away the pain-- we need to grieve and feel pain when we experience a loss -- but it does help make the process more manageable.

The Attitude Pill

Posted by Reviewer2131406 on Sep 14, 2010

This herb and brand was recommended to me by a wise woman whom I trust greatly and who knows quite a bit about herbal remedies. Amazing herb! My sour attitude of a year (hormone related) did an about face litteraly overnight. Also, I run, and within 3 days of taking this herb, I started running 1 minute per mile faster than my usual time (from 9.5 min miles down to 8.5--I had never run that fast before!). I think the herb calms the mind, helps one focus. Brings out the best in you. I call it my "happy pill." If only those with depression and other negative attitude ailments would try this first...you would all put the Phamaceuticals out of business. I only go with this brand because I'm brand loyal having started with them; also, I suspect cheaper stuff might come from China and I don't think I am alone in not really trusting the purity of Chinese supplement imports.

New Chapter Supercritical Holy Basil

Posted by Reviewer1210738 on Jun 14, 2011

My Husband and I both use this product after I read a review in a health magazine. We were under a lot of pressure with running a home and our own business during a 'world recession'. After about a month of taking 2 capsules per day we felt much more relaxed about everything and took everything in our stride. We are not as anxious about the future. Definately a much safer, better alternative to anxiety medication.

it is good, but i liked the old one from new chapter!

Posted by Reviewer1439555 on Jun 30, 2013

it is good, but the old one from new chapter was better! dont understand why it was discontinued.

Potent and effective

Posted by Reviewer1102710 on Dec 01, 2010

This Holy Basil is an excellent product with High Bioavailability.

very good

Posted by Reviewer1651973 on Nov 01, 2011

i think you need to take on a regular basis - I sometimes forget!! Not yet amazed by them - but I think they help....I sometimes take these, and sometimes the Now Holy Basil - which are cheaper. iHerb are excellent - always.

Relaxation in a Pill

Posted by Reviewer3174484 on Mar 21, 2011

I take three before bed and sleep well now.My cortisol levels were high when my medical advisor recommended this supercritical form of The Holy Basil. I try to keep a couple extra bottles on the shelf now that my husband has discovered it too! He only takes 2 a night. We LOVE it! San Juan islands, WA

OMG... this really helped calm my nerves

Posted by Reviewer2168283 on Jan 04, 2009

This took a few days of taking it but I really noticed a huge difference in my general well being...