Great for pimples but price is a bit much

Posted by Reviewer1680490 on Feb 02, 2012

My skin is in a weird place as I’ve gotten older where it is very dry on some parts but if I use a super hydrating moisturizer, I break out with pimples. I’ve tried changing face washes, toners, and moisturizers to no avail. I used a soap from Shea Terra that had Tamanu oil in it and I liked it a lot so I thought I’d try some oil for my face. When I add a little of this oil to my moisturizer it does a great job of letting the stronger moisturizer hydrate my face but it keeps the pimples from appearing. The only reason I’m giving it 4 stars is the price is ridiculously high. I love New Chapter and never mind paying the higher prices they have because their products work so well. But I also use Shea Terra who are just as meticulous at using good quality ingredients and I just noticed the other day that New Chapter is charging about $16 for half an ounce while Shea Terra is like $12 an ounce. So I think I have to go with Shea Terra next time. I would happily buy this one again from New Chapter if their price drops.

First Rate Healing Oil

Posted by Reviewer2138524 on Aug 30, 2011

This oil is truly amazing. The first time I used it, I put it on a burn from a motorcycle that was about the size of an orange. It was the only thing I put on the burn even after it bubbled and opened. I have no scar and there was no infection. I recently had a mole removed and am putting it on the incision site. It's healing beautifully!

Like this product but should have dropper inside

Posted by Reviewer3348865 on May 28, 2011

I have been using tea tree oil for years. One day I searched oil product good for trouble skin, and came to tamanu. This tamanu does not give you immediate result but good fot regenerate your damaged skin also prevent acnes. I would suggest New Chapter put dropper inside of this product as I always spilt much more than I need. Plus I would recommend to blend this oil with another carrier oil such as jojoba etc, as I heard if you use this oil only sometimes it gives you too dired skin.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2371998 on Jul 27, 2010

People notice something different about my skin so I will buy again.

Great for acne

Posted by Reviewer1343738 on Jun 22, 2010

Has helped my 17 year old sons acne. Highly recommended for this use.

Amazing stuff

Posted by Reviewer1151162 on Nov 23, 2009

I used this on some v bad cuts I had on my face from a fall this Summer and did not end up with one single scar. I'm a believer!

tamanu oil should be in every one life

Posted by Reviewer2043718 on Sep 15, 2009

if you dont know any thing about tamanu oil please research it. it is your skins best friend. i recently burned my palm on a hot skillet i used tamanu oil in just a little while the heat was gone and the burn was healed, it would of taken aleo the whole evening to of had same results.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2595875 on Sep 11, 2009

Great for skin burns, etc. Smells a bit medicinal but don't let this put you off, the benefits are great.

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1653759 on Sep 04, 2009

I have this horrible dry skin from years of sunbathing and the back of my hands looked very dry and wrinkled. It also reduced this blotchy skin I had from an infection which was almost like flacks of dried skin that was discolored as well and that is almost completely gone. I am very happy with this.

better skin

Posted by Reviewer2092552 on Apr 20, 2009

Really believe that Tamanu is helping skin to firm up.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »