Probably one of the best omega supplements for children

Posted by AptekaNaturalis on Apr 13, 2013

Great taste - slight hint of strawberry and no fishy smell or aftertaste. High in DHA- very good for brain development-may improve your child's cognition and behaviour. No measuring spoon supplied.

Didn't like the taste that much

Posted by Reviewer2251562 on Oct 04, 2008

Before giving this to my kids, I tried it first. I didn't appreciated the taste and hope that my son and daughter would like it. My son didn't like the taste at all. Fortunately, my daughter, 3 years old, can still tolerate it and has it again next morning otherwise this would need to be thrown out. I know cod liver oil is rich in EPA and DHA however, we just can't continue taking it because of the taste. Carlson fish oil, both orange and lemon flavor, taste much much better than this. They also contain rich DHA and EPA. So I think we would stay with Carlson fish oil.

Nordic Naturals, Children's DHA, strawberry

Posted by Reviewer2714032 on Mar 13, 2010

My kids tried it and didn't like it at all, it was too fishy with a strawberry flavor. I tried to see for myself, I felt the same way the kids did, it did not taste good. I can't return it. T Congleton San Jose, CA

Excellent Liquid DHA

Posted by RubiesHealth on Oct 24, 2012

My teenage son has been taking this since little. He is still unable to swallow capsule/tablet/softgel, so this is really helpful. Nordic Naturals is one of the few brands that I trust for mercury-free fish oil and this formula is effective for brain focus, mood regulation, eye health, and healthy skin. My son has out-grown multiple childhood allergies and poor eye-sight. Now he has perfect 6/6 eye-sight. The oil is tasteless but it smells pleasant sweet because of the strawberry flavor.

Good flavor, no fishy taste, helps with tantrums

Posted by 4854185668346234249 on Sep 02, 2015

I originally started giving this to my preschool-age son because he was having horrible tantrums. These were very bad with him screaming out of control, trashing his bedroom, and throwing toys at my head on almost a daily basis. Within two weeks of giving him a nightly dose of the Children's DHA I could see a big difference in his behavior. He was calmer, and when he got upset he was more reasonable and calmed down much more quickly. Tantrums went down to once a week right away. Now, a year and four bottles later he only has a bad meltdown like that once or twice a month. One very interesting thing about this is that right before I first started giving it to him he had gotten about a dozen mosquito bites on his face and arm. He has always had an almost violent reaction to mosquitos and would get huge lumps at each site that looked like half a Ping-Pong ball under his skin. These would take up to three weeks to heal fully, leaving a red mark even after the swelling had gone down. His bites had almost disappeared in TWO DAYS after starting to take the Children's DHA. Of course, fish oil is good for inflammation but I had started him on it for the tantrums. Since then every time I get mosquito bites I take extra fish oil and they don't even itch.